Portfolio Development Manager
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career - come be part of WEX today!
Act as the Portfolio Development Manager, serving as the daily business/strategy contact for ExxonMobil. This role will work closely with the VP & Business Manager, Director of Sales, Programs Manager and Manager of NA Marketing to ensure prompt attention and thorough communication. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead strategic innovation efforts to support the program business plan, assure alignment of internal WEX resources, design strategies based on P&L metrics and investments, and work closely with the Business Manager to execute key business priorities.
- Lead the development and presentation of quarterly portfolio
business reviews. Work with program leadership team to coordinate content
- Steward the engagement, management and growth of ExxonMobil
Telesales through sales channel management strategies.
- Manage the activities of two (2) Multi-Channel Sales Advisors
working with BW, retail, association, partner program and other sales channel
- Direct continuous improvement in customer service, current
customer engagement, and retention strategies.
- Build positive, working relationships with partner contacts to
ensure exceptional customer experience.
- Coordinate with partner and sales team(s) to identify new business
opportunities for revenue generation.
- Ensure that ExxonMobil management team is kept informed of product
development and issue resolution progress.
- Build relationships and manage client interaction with all facets
of the WEX organization for daily and strategic issues and initiatives,
including but not necessarily limited to Finance, Legal, Operations, IT,
Product Development, Project Management, Sales and Marketing.
- Obtain results from reporting and non-reporting relationships
- Demonstrate collaborative leadership with internal business partners; Client Management, Product, Marketing, Legal, CSO, Finance, PMO and IT.
- Actively monitor and bolster client satisfaction with all merchant accepting partners.
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration
- - Bachelor's Degree or higher plus 8 or more years of practical business development experience.
- Strong communications skills, including ability to actively listen, and to appropriately interpret and take action on dialogues held in person and on the phone. Must be effective presenter, with ability to prepare logical presentations, and present them with clarity and professionalism.
- Track record of sales and business success is key. Negotiation experience is critical, as is ability to understand financial analyses as they relate to partner profitability and margin achievement.
- Knowledge and experience in current sales and business development methodologies, including such tools as Miller-Heimann LAMP, Strategic Selling and Integrity Selling.
- Proven experience in closing deals and negotiating contracts.
- Must be comfortable traveling at times by both air and land.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Senior level business-to-business sales experience is desired for this position, and ability to work effectively with senior executives within partner, WEX and our parent company is critical.
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
• 401(k) Plan
• Adoption Assistance
• Bonus Plan
• Dental Insurance
• Dependent Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Referral Award Program
• Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
• Extended Parental Leave
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance/AD&D
• On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
• Pet Insurance
• Paid Time Off(PTO)
• Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
• Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Back to top