Payment Processing Support Specialist (Evening/Night coverage, excellent role to grow)
Here is your chance to use those communication and problem-solving skills working as a Payment Processing Support Specialist.
This role would work in WEX's Galleria location in Houston, Texas (formally known as Noventis) with 50 employees on site.
Although, most importantly you would need to work the "quiet" shift starting at 4:30pm - 1:30am CST.
Your day would start off with a re-cap from your peers and manager of what happened during the day. You then pick up and run from there with the following:
- Work independently while also supporting a 3rd party vendor in an agile-rich environment to ensure overnight processing is handled effectively and set up for the day time shift to continue.
- Daily support and management of payment processing through automation for internal and external teams.
- Vendor management - 3rd party processing.
- Identifying and analyzing tuning opportunities for internal and vendor processing as well as with service providers.
- Troubleshoot processing issues, analyze queues and reporting logs for potential issues.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve intermediate level technical issues in a timely manner.
- Identify, troubleshoot and escalate intermediate to complex level technical issues in a timely manner.
- Document fix requests through JIRA and Cherwell for incidents requiring development coding changes or updates.
- Escalate issues appropriately to key stakeholders.
- Support onboarding and expansions of new and existing service providers.
- Understand internal systems and interfaces and use that knowledge to identify potential impacts and improvements.
- Monitor, document and reprocess credit card issuers posting, authorization and/or settlement issues for over and under payments.
- Proactively provide constant and consistent communication to Manager regarding incidents or ongoing issues negatively impacting processing.
- Complete timely assessments and able to switch contexts quickly and hand over requests in a critical and timely manner.
- Document and maintain the steps needed to deliver ticket resolution.
- Use electronic communication skills in order to collaborate with other BSAs and Support Engineers to ensure that Business Service request tickets and incident tickets are resolved or routed to the appropriate team for additional research or resolution.
- Provide ongoing communication to both Technical and Operational teams.
- Participates in strategy discussions and other business unit discussions to improve vCard processing.
- Provide training to new team members as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- On-call duties as assigned.
To best fit this role, we would look for you to have:
- Excellent verbal and electronic communication skills
- Strong experience with Excel spreadsheets/formatting
- Solid problem-solving abilities
- Self-starter capable of working independently or in groups
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to ascertain information and maintain dialogue with multiple teams as to the status of an issue
- Ability to interface well with all levels of staff and other non-technical members of the organization
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- Exceptional skills in issue identification, troubleshooting, remediation and resolution with the ability to make proper and efficient use of available resources, driving to root cause via a consistent, logical approach
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving, analytical and critical thinking skills with proven attention to detail and organizational skills
- Must have an intellectual curiosity and the ability to research, learn and apply new methodologies and technologies with minimal supervision or direction
- Ability to effectively and calmly operate within a complex and changing environment
- Well organized and can properly manage individual workload
- Possess a strong work ethic and a desire for a variety of challenges
- Experience in creating technical documentation and sharing knowledge with others through training delivery and mentoring
- Excellent skills in supporting customers through problem resolution
- Ability to follow process documentation and execute daily tasks while complying with all standards and policies; adherence to corporate change control and operational standards
Below would be Ideal!
- Technical School Certification or Associate's Degree Preferred (Computer Science or other degrees) or HS Diploma with 2+ years in relevant experience
- Understanding of systems architecture concepts and methodologies.
- Working knowledge of relevant application platforms and their applications
- Experience working with an outsourced vendor
- Working knowledge of enterprise applications
- Ability to travel up to 5% annually
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Back to top