National Sales Executive
- Bloomington, MN
The Direct Sales Executive focuses on the relationship, business, and opportunity management processes of the sales cycle within the Fortune 2000 space. Leveraging the Sales Coordinator and Marketing teams, the role will implement sales strategies and ensure implementation of strategic plans, programs, or processes designed to enhance sales productivity and increase revenue growth.
· Exceed sales quota
· Use initiative to develop prospects through cold calling and perform outbound business-to-business telephone calls to potential clients, meeting standards for number of calls per day and number of mailing or web campaign contacts.
· Use a consultative approach to gather information regarding current strategies, products and opportunities.
· Collaborate with the Sales Coordinator team to formulate standard/routine proposals in conjunction with sales and functional product teams.
· Maintain CRM database to record number of calls and status of client contacts for metric purposes. Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
· Manage complete sales process from lead generation through close.
· Sells products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending solutions.
· Communicate back to Discovery Benefits internal groups the outcome of the negotiations/proposals focusing on conveying the expectations set forth for each group i.e. clear details, critical time frames, and expectations.
· Understand and maintain knowledge in business and regulatory environment for services offered.
· Deliver online product demonstrations
· Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements.
· Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
· Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; bench-marking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
· Assist with special and targeted marketing projects
· Must adhere to security policies
· All other duties as assigned
· Maintain policy according to HIPAA
· Must be able to demonstrate high level of achievement of at least 8 years of benefits industry sales experience.
· High Energy, well organized, team player
· Demonstrated history of exceeding sales goals.
· Self-driven ambitious professional with the desire to consistently meet and exceed assigned quotas.
· Proven ability for prospecting and closing outbound business-to-business sales either through a telemarketing or inside sales role.
· Strong interpersonal skills and team skills, excellent relationship building skills.
· Experience in a service industry desirable; sales preferred.
· Strong interpersonal skills
· High emotional intelligence.
· Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively present Discovery Benefits products and services and persuade top level executives and decision makers move forward with the sales process.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Excellent contract and proposal development skills
· Experience utilizing sales tools including SalesForce.com
· Strong leadership experience
· Travel as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Back to top