WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
WEX is searching for a Monitoring Engineer, to join our IT team
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Systems: Analyze/Configure/Install/Maintain/Document application and server monitoring infrastructure. Responsible for reporting and ensuring that Service Level Agreements for performance, availability, and recoverability are maintained.
- Application: Provide consulting services application development departments to ensure all applications are monitored for availability and performance.
- Security: Maintain system upgrades and security patches according to WEX policy and system requirements; maintain Disaster Recovery documentation and perform Disaster Recovery drills as required by the Business Continuity Plans across the Enterprise.
- Leadership: Provide exceptional technical internal and external customer service. Ability to work independently
- Research: Keep abreast of technologies in the marketplace that may be of benefit to the business; make proposals and lead proof-of-concepts; develop recommendations and present to management
- Support: Provide 7x24 support for assigned system components and provide backup support for other engineers, as needed
- Vendors: Manage vendor relationships (e.g., Oracle, OpenSource, IBM, Nimsoft, CA)
- Other assigned duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration
- Degree (Engineering or Computer Science a plus) with 4-7 years systems engineering experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience administering application and infrastructure monitoring.
- In depth knowledge of monitoring infrastructures for which he/she is accountable; working knowledge of other system components and how they interact.
- Ability to program in an administrative language in order to automate manual processes.
- Working knowledge of highly available, secure monitoring infrastructures.
- Working knowledge of ITIL process and supporting procedures.
- BS/BA degree (Engineering or Computer Science a plus) with 4-7 years systems engineering experience; Masters' degree a plus.
- Experience with virtualization and virtualized environments preferred; exposure to VMWare a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of application and system design and implementations.
- Experience monitoring server and application
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
- 401(k) Plan
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
- Extended Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off(PTO)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a senior recruiter supporting the IT and Sales Departments, Julia spends her days sourcing candidates, reaching out to great potentials, and coordinating with her fellow recruiters to attend off-site events.
Back to top