Mgr, Software QA
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
Develops, implements and maintains technical quality assurance and control systems and activities. Defines and specifies the implementation of standards, methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision, accuracy and reliability of company products. Participates in the reviewing of engineering designs to contribute quality requirements and considerations. Assists product support areas in gathering and analyzing data. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, implements and maintains technical quality assurance and control systems and activities.
- Defines and specifies the implementation of standards, methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision, accuracy and reliability of company products.
- Participates in the reviewing of engineering designs to contribute quality requirements and considerations.
- Assists product support areas in gathering and analyzing data.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Ensures that required testing artifacts are produced for all software released
- Drives execution and scripts development to plan and support user driven tests.
- Helps with the recreation and validation of customer reported issues.
- Drives defect re-validation and resolution working collaboratively with development to manage break/fix releases
- Provides proactive software quality assurance process assistance to Governance committees, development managers and Vertical leads
- Manages resource allocation and utilization
- A team player, self-starter, and quick learner
- Results driven, collaborative and innovative thinker
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- 4 year degree in Computer Science is preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in software testing with at least 5 years being QA Lead Specialist or Manager.
- Proven communicator with senior leadership and staff
- Experience building offshore QA teams and leading a distributed QA leadership team.
- Proven ability to develop and train teams to create detailed test scripts
- Experience implementing software product life cycles – waterfall and Agile/Scrum.
- Experience in testing web-based and client-server applications.
- Ability to write SQL statements for data verification.
- Expert with HP ALM/QC and Jira;
- Experience with Unit test frameworks and automation tools – cucumber, Junit, Selenium, UTF, etc
- Experience with start-up software development environments a major plus.
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
- 401(k) Plan
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
- Extended Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off(PTO)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a senior recruiter supporting the IT and Sales Departments, Julia spends her days sourcing candidates, reaching out to great potentials, and coordinating with her fellow recruiters to attend off-site events.
Back to top