Mgr, Software Development
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career - come be part of WEX today!
The Business Intelligence Manager will manage the Business Intelligence development team and also act as the technical lead for the team. Thus, this is a hands-on position that will act in a "Player/Coach" role. You will coordinate with the Program Sponsor to help prioritize work and deliver projects to Production for the business. You will work independently and also lead a small team using lean practices to build and deliver business capabilities in a rapid fashion.
This position will largely be responsible for the progress and success of the Business Intelligence program. As a team leader, you must be successful in running a small team and making decisions quickly. As a leader within the enterprise, you must be able to evangelize BI technology to help internal stakeholders achieve the adoption of analytics at WEX.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• For project and team-based assignments, perform the technical lead role by making decisions, facilitating tasks, and mentoring less experienced staff when necessary
• Perform requirements analysis and system design for the BI system
• Provide Production on-call support responsibilities for programs and jobs
• Responsible for the creation of application development & support work plans for Software Engineering personnel:
• Level of effort
• Resource planning
• Tracking and monitoring of projects
• Ensuring deadlines are met
• Responsible for engineering personnel administration including:
• Co-development (with Head of Enterprise Architecture) of team goals and objectives consistent with the strategic direction of the company.
• Performance reviews
• Salary administration
• Professional development
• Hiring and firing, etc.
• Responsible for the development and enforcement of corporate policies and procedures, including:
• Standards for maintenance and support
• Project management
• Performance management
• Security and legal/statutory requirements.
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration:
• BS in Computer Science
• 3+ years in an equivalent Manager or Technical Lead role
• 7+ years experience in data warehousing and high-volume data processing required
• 3+ years experience in financial or payment systems
• Deep experience with multiple technologies
- Database modelling - both logical and physical
- Expert level SQL skills
- Oracle, Postgres, or AWS Redshift
• E xperience with Embarcadero, Erwin, or an equivalent modelling tool is required
• SCRUM or an equivalent agile methodology
• Strong analysis and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Basic experience with an enterprise reporting tool is a plus (SAP Business Objects, Cognos, etc.)
• A background in general accounting is a plus
• Experience with Tableau, AWS Athena, and Redshift Spectrum is a plus
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
• 401(k) Plan
• Adoption Assistance
• Bonus Plan
• Dental Insurance
• Dependent Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Referral Award Program
• Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
• Extended Parental Leave
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance/AD&D
• On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
• Pet Insurance
• Paid Time Off(PTO)
• Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
• Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a member of the Core Processing Team, Leela works alongside fellow engineers to ensure that the back-end systems supporting all of WEX’s credit card transactions are functionally optimized.
Back to top