Lead Development Sales Rep
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
Responsible for marketing the company's products and/or services via telephone with well-qualified prospects. Takes orders and answers questions typically generated by local and/or national advertising and prepares appropriate documentation. Generates prospective customers through cold calling and qualifies leads. Qualified leads are typically directed to field and/or inside sales team for close. (email/fax) Mails marketing/sales literature to prospective clients, keeps up-to-date knowledge of the industry as well as competitive posture of the company, and enhances awareness in the targeted business community of the company and its products/services. Prepares activity and forecast reports. Does not close the sale.
Using strong communication and interpersonal skills, each Lead Development Rep is responsible for qualifying/generating warm leads to be pursued by the Sales Team. Engage prospects by phone and email and identify their needs for purchasing fuel and other fleet related products. Gather and record data to be entered into a CRM.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Place outbound calls and uncover potential leads by performing a needs assessment to identify pains and concerns with the prospect.
- Manage the lead generation process, starting with initial contact, lead nurturing and lead qualification, and ending with the transition of qualified leads to the Sales team to own and close.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales activities including sales calls, presentations, and follow-up activities through the company's CRM, Salesforce.com and Siebel, to maximize portfolio potential.
- Capture critical prospect data through probing questions and document in SalesForce.
- Generate high quality leads that result in a high percentage of conversion to Closed / Won Revenue.
- Effectively coordinate and prioritize daily activities
- Overcome high level objections and qualify leads appropriately.
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration
- Associates degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or One year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must pass background investigation.
- Proactive, ambitious, curious, motivated, enthusiastic, energetic, conscientious and honest.
- Prior sales skills
- Proficient computer skills including Sales Force, Outlook, Word, and Excel
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
- 401(k) Plan
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
- Extended Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off(PTO)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a senior recruiter supporting the IT and Sales Departments, Julia spends her days sourcing candidates, reaching out to great potentials, and coordinating with her fellow recruiters to attend off-site events.
Back to top