Infrastructure Engineer – DevOps (Chantilly, VA or Remote/Virtual)
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career - come be part of WEX today!
We're the Corporate Payment team. Our group uses virtual payments to streamline and automate international and domestic supplier payments for some of the world's largest online travel agencies, travel agents, and travel companies.
Our team works hard, covers for one another, and maintains work-life balance. We own our results and we take pride of ownership in everything we do.
- A highly motivated engineer who loves working on small, high performing teams.
- Collaborative, a solid communicator, and work well with your team and stakeholders.
- Someone who cares deeply for team results, checks your ego at the door, and takes pride in owning results.
- Are comfortable balancing the need to move fast with the realities of working in a highly regulated space like payments
- Are a strong practitioner of infrastructure as code
- Pick up new technology and switch between tech stacks with a minimum of fuss
- Are comfortable working on cloud-based infrastructure components such as networking, load balancers, servers, access lists, databases, storage, etc.
- Are a solid architect/designer
- Have experience writing modern infrastructure deployed in the cloud
- Are comfortable with infrastructure-as-code software and the automation of infrastructure delivery
- Have worked on agile teams to deliver software iteratively
At a minimum, you
- Have a BS in an engineering field OR can make us feel intensely confident that you don't need one
- Have 3+ years of development and/or DevOps automation experience using AWS
- Have 2+ years of experience developing infrastructure as code and automating/optimizing processes, using tools like AzureDevops, Chef, Docker, and terraform.
- Have a demonstrable working understanding of at least one cloud hosting platform
- Have a demonstrable working understanding of infrastructure-as-code software
It would be nice if you
- Can show us one or more passion projects or open-source work you have contributed to in your own time
- Have experience with Python or Terraform.
- Have demonstrable experience with systems engineering and automation
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
- 401(k) Plan
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
- Extended Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off(PTO)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Back to top