Information Systems Engineer 4
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career - come be part of WEX today!
Performs IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs supporting company business processes and operations. Analyzes, installs, acquires, modifies and supports operating systems, database or utilities software. Plans, conducts and directs the analysis of business problems to be solved with automated systems. Analyzes, designs, acquires and implements projects for LAN and/or WAN systems. Plans, designs, acquires and implements telecommunications voice/wire systems. At higher job levels, may contribute to the development, testing, evaluation or design of system or infrastructure architecture used throughout the IT solution set.
Design, develop and deliver / implement data solutions, lending support to various business and technology teams as necessary to ensure solid, scalable, robust solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide engineering leadership for project build and implementation Coordinate across multiple engineering, application, and business teams as needed.
- Designing and deploying enterprisewide, complex infrastructure solutions.
- Stay up-to-date of industry best practices and champion a spirit around innovation, continuous improvement and quality for the data centers
- Provide input to project plans, resource plans, training and test plans, and cut over plans.Ensure that business requirements are delivered by implemented solutions.
- Ensure delivery to project scope, budget, risks and timelines Build productive internal/external working relationships Interact with VPs, directors and business leads in groups, 1:1 and through email.Identify critical path and interdependencies that could pose risks to the projects.
- Works well under pressure, be sensitive to deadlines, can interact in a team environment, can adapt quickly to change, deep attention to details and possess excellent customer service skill
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration:
• BS/BA with 7-10 years' experience
• Successful background check
• Effective Verbal and written communication skills
• Strong SCCM, OSD, Desktop Deployment methodologies
• Strong OSX Management experience
• Strong VMWare/AWS experience with focus on VDI technologies
• Experience with statistical analysis and reporting a plus
• A bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science is a plus, combination of related experience and education will be considered
- Extensive experience with Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- Experience with Microsoft O365
- Experience with SCCM, BigFix and other workstation toolsets
- Experience with Mobile Device Management solutions such as MobileIron and Airwatch
- Strong Automation skills (Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Bash, etc.)
- Experience with Configuration Management tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt Stack, etc.)
- Experience with Symantec AV and other Virus protection solutions
- Requires strong technical expertise across three or more infrastructure technology areas
- Requires analytical ability, strong judgment, problem solving skills, and effective human relations skills to work cross functionally across the Enterprise with staff and all levels of management in various disciplines
- Uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Ability to function in a complex environment thru multi-tasking and establishing and communicating priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; capable of writing proposals or papers, acting as a vendor liaison, making presentations to customers or client audiences or professional peers, and working closely with upper management.
- Strong listening and collaboration skills; must work effectively with engineers in other domains such as servers, operating systems and storage.
- Ability to execute approved integration plans according to timelines laid out.
- Ability to solve problems quickly.
- Deep understanding of how to implement network security according to security policy
• 401(k) Plan
• Adoption Assistance
• Bonus Plan
• Dental Insurance
• Dependent Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Referral Award Program
• Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
• Extended Parental Leave
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance/AD&D
• On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
• Pet Insurance
• Paid Time Off(PTO)
• Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
• Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a member of the Core Processing Team, Leela works alongside fellow engineers to ensure that the back-end systems supporting all of WEX’s credit card transactions are functionally optimized.
Back to top