Information Security Engineer
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
The Information Security Eningeer
Performs IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging, and implementation of technology supporting company business processes and operations. Analyzes, designs, acquires and implements security solutions. At higher job levels, may contribute to the development, testing, evaluation or design of system or infrastructure used throughout the IT solution set.
May be internal or external client-focused, working in conjunction with Professional Services and outsourcing functions. May include company-wide, web-enabled cloud solutions.
- Plans, designs, builds, implements and maintains new and existing Information Security infrastructure including Web Application and Network Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, Identity Management and Access Control Systems, Vulnerability Management Systems, Data Leakage Prevention, Anti-Malware and related information security solutions that help ensure protection of information assets
- Contributes to the development and implementation of data security policies, procedures, standards and guidelines in support of the WEX Information Security Program.
- Maintains currency with techniques and tools that support the data security architecture.
- Provide technical leadership in due diligence, discovery, analysis, design, planning, and implementation of technologies as part of Mergers and Acquisition Integration activities
- Develop and implement processes, procedures and standards that contribute to quality and scale
- Provide technology life cycle management in accordance with company policies
- Contribute to the creation and execution on technical plans for M&A integrations
- Provide technical leadership in development of integration plans for acquired companies into the WEX environment
- Monitors security solution operations and ensures that anomalies are addressed in a timely fashion and raised to Management as appropriate.
- Executes vulnerability scans and penetration tests on a regular basis; ensures remediation of critical and high items.
- Works with external vendors to ensure security alerts are addressed appropriately.
- Identifies and corrects data security concerns in a multiple computing platform environment.
- Contributes to WEX response to external (e.g., PCI, FDIC, SSAE16, and SOX) and internal audits working with all areas of IT and the business as required and in support of company policies, standards, and current audit and compliance requirements.
- Plan, design, build and test technology components
- Develop and implement plans to transition technology components to IT Operations
- Ensure security and audit compliance
- Ensure both external and internal service levels can be met
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture in identifying and evaluating new technologies to support business requirements
- Partner with WEX Tower Leads as a technical resource for them to leverage in discussions with External Suppliers
- Partner with other IT Organizations to ensure technology is being leveraged to its fullest extent in support of the business
- Partner with external vendors and service providers to learn about offerings that can enhance functionality and scale
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Requires strong technical expertise across three or more infrastructure technology areas
- Requires analytical ability, strong judgment, problem solving skills, and effective human relations skills to work cross functionally across the Enterprise with staff and all levels of management in various disciplines
- Uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Ability to function in a complex environment thru multi-tasking and establishing and communicating priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; capable of writing proposals or papers, acting as a vendor liaison, making presentations to customers or client audiences or professional peers, and working closely with upper management, acquired company personnel and outsourced service provider.
- Strong listening and collaboration skills; must work effectively with engineers in other domains such as servers, operating systems and storage.
- Ability to execute approved integration plans according to timelines laid out.
- Ability to solve problems quickly.
- A solid understanding of various data networking platforms (e.g., switches, routers, firewalls, IDS/IPS).
- Deep understanding of how to implement security solutions (e.g. Web Application Firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, File Integrity Monitoring, VPNs, Data Loss Prevention, Vulnerability Management, Penetration Testing) according to security policy.
- Solid in-depth understanding of data processing and related data security concepts
- A degree in Business, Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Minimum of three (5) years' experience in data security on mainframe, UNIX, mini-computer and networked environments.
- Experience maintaining support for multiple security technologies including firewalls, multiple-level security applications, security assessment, and monitoring of activity
- Demonstrates "expert user" knowledge for all company technology, standard applications, and custom and third party business applications, within his/her group's area of responsibility to ensure user satisfaction and productivity.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes/Oxley sections 404, PCI-DSS, FFIEC, and ISO 27001/2.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Post graduate course work in Computer Science or Business Administration a plus
- CISSP and/or CISM certifications, and other technical certifications a plus.
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
- 401(k) Plan
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
- Extended Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off(PTO)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
CANDIDATES WELCOME TO APPLY WHO WORK REMOTE
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a senior recruiter supporting the IT and Sales Departments, Julia spends her days sourcing candidates, reaching out to great potentials, and coordinating with her fellow recruiters to attend off-site events.
Back to top