Implementation Specialist 2
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career - come be part of WEX today!
The Corporate Payments Implementation Manager is responsible for leading and implementing customers within WEX's Virtual Payments line of business. The role requires an analytical mind that can trouble-shoot, problem solve, and think logically through multi-faceted issues and provide clear direction and explanation. In addition, the Implementation Manager requires the ability to diagnose and understand highly technical issues, relate to technical personnel, and navigate in an ambiguous, often undefined environment.
- Recognize the need for new or modified approaches; generate new ideas and brings perspectives and approaches together.
- Identify opportunities for leveraging faster and more substantive results through cross-project and existing technical infrastructures.
- Facilitate, coordinate, and execute against Joint Project Plans with Customers, Partners, Networks, POS Manufacturers, and Merchants.
- Lead and execute projects involving cross-functional teams, some that may require development and new features and functionality.
- Plan, define and/or validate project scope and define high level and detail-level business requirements. Facilitate sponsor and stakeholder agreement and sign off process.
Create, maintain and execute project plans to insure that project deliverables and expected outcomes are met.
- Identify, plan and oversee all business readiness activities required to implement the project
- Manage project risk and scope or requirement changes
- Track and report performance metrics against project plan
- Form and lead cross-function teams
- Create and execute training plans
- Ensure program meets partner requirements
- Provide post-implementation support during project stabilization periods.
- Ensure business requirements are effectively translated to system requirements.
- Manage project risk and scope or requirement changes.
- Ensure that the technical project plan and business readiness plans align.
Create and cultivate close working relationships with the customer and key stakeholders throughout the implementation. Drive customer satisfaction.
- Identify opportunities for leveraging faster and more substantive results through understanding of customer systems
- Build trust; demonstrate approachability
- Act as the primary point of contact throughout the implementation
- Build and maintain relationships with the customer, partner, sales, and Relationship Management.
- Build trust through responsiveness, approachability and follow through.
Ensure a seamless transition to the Account Manager and Relationship Manager
Effectively manage communications both internally and externally to ensure successful launch.
- Prepare and distribute regular project updates to Core Teams, Client Management, Sales Acquisitions, Management Team, Product Development, and Executive Sponsors
- Prepare and distribute Executive Level updates as applicable
- Facilitate and document issues and action items
- Effectively organize thoughts, ideas, and opinions and present the information clearly, concisely, and in a timely manner
- Responsible for the process and value stream improvements related to implementing contracts.
- Document process changes and provide training on new projects as required.
- Actively contribute to and help accelerate the WEX programs.
- Sound collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Conduct post mortem/lessons learned sessions; ensure take-aways are sufficiently documented and become routine components of future projects.
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration
- Bachelor's degree and/or five (5) years of experience
- Experience managing contracts and projects
- Proven project management skills, working knowledge of Project Management Software Development Lifecycle
- Effective use of Facilitation skills
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong PC skills with Microsoft suite-Word, Access, Excel, MS Project, Power-Point, Visio
- Proficient understanding of testing practices
- Ability to provide training and documentation
- Knowledge of systems and business processes
- Excellent time management, organizational, prioritization, and follow through skills - the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Travel may be required
- Must pass a successful background check
- Experience working with Mastercard and/or Visa
• 401(k) Plan
• Adoption Assistance
• Bonus Plan
• Dental Insurance
• Dependent Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Referral Award Program
• Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
• Extended Parental Leave
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance/AD&D
• On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
• Pet Insurance
• Paid Time Off(PTO)
• Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
• Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Back to top