Full Stack Developer
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career - come be part of WEX today!
We're the mobile and web development charter organization at WEX. As a Full Stack Software Developer, you will be joining the Web Transition team and focus specifically on our web apps. Our highly autonomous team uses agile development principles and the embedded DevOps model to deliver across the full software life cycle, from development, to release, to maintenance and operations.
Our team works hard, covers for one another, yet maintains a healthy work-life balance. We own our results and we take pride in the ownership of everything we do (check your ego at the door, and take pride in owning results!). We all are comfortable balancing the need to move fast with the realities of working in a highly regulated space like payments. We also enjoy hanging out and eating together.
About the role
- In partnership with our back end team, you will be developing and supporting two brand new accessible, responsive applications using Angular, TypeScript, and Google Material Design components.
- You will work on the front end as well as on the restful middle tier (edge service) using Java and Spring Boot.
- You might occasionally also be exposed to database work using JPA with Hibernate.
- You will be joining a team of 3 developers who have a passion for creating elegant and robust solutions for our customers.
- You will leverage the latest technology to improve the quality, stability and performance of our apps.
- Experience with web application development using CSS/Sass, HTML5
- Experience with Bitbucket, Git, Bootstrap, Docker a plus
- Experience with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins a plus
- Experience working on an Agile team, using a tracking tool such as JIRA a plus
- Web service development with Java, experience specifically with RESTful API and Spring framework a plus
- Experience with Database, SQL, and Java Persistence API (JPA) a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services a plus
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
- 401(k) Plan
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
- Extended Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
Aldon interacts directly with new corporations who want to do business with WEX, traveling on-site to learn how WEX can best partner with them and set them up for success.
Back to top