Fraud Business Intelligence Analyst
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
Analyzes complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in data sets to locate influences. Constructs forecasts, recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge. Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements. May provide consultation to users and lead cross-functional teams to address business issues. May directly produce data sets and reports for analysis using system reporting tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
ANALYSIS & REPORTING
- Individual will be dedicated to a Strategic North American Partner of WEX
- Provide insight and direction to the "Four A's" of portfolio analysis and reporting; Acquisition, Activation, Approval and Attrition.
- Administer both custom and ad-hoc reports as necessary to identify, illustrate, and monitor trends and issues within the line of business
- Utilize enterprise Business Intelligence platform and data visualization tools for data discovery and story telling
- Perform ongoing analysis of data, changes, trends and other relevant patterns.
- Analyze industry trends and provides competitive benchmarking.
- Conduct self-directed investigations into data irregularities and proactively identify opportunities for service improvement and potential system issues.
- Fulfill all departmental ad-hoc report requests from the Portfolio Management team.
- Development and deployment of dashboards, trend analysis, operational reporting to key stakeholder groups.
- Forecast portfolio volume against contractual obligations on a monthly basis in both the US and Canada.
COACHING & QUALITY
- Manage applicable vendor relationships to ensure optimization of tools and available data.
- Partner with Service Delivery leadership to:
- Identify both broad and individual coaching needs
- Make recommendations based on data analysis
- Develop and maintain a system for tracking and reporting out results to stakeholders on a recurring basis.
REVENUE ENHANCEMENT / PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
- Collaborate with Revenue Management to explore, evaluate and initiate revenue enhancement opportunities employed appropriately across all the portfolio
- Partner cross functionally to strategically leverage relationships with Sales, CSO, Marketing, Product, IT and Finance.
- Collaborate closely with Program Management in order to:
- Analyze and evaluate new program/product enhancements
- Drive process improvements and maximize implementation success and program growth.
- Builds process flows to identify opportunities and key metrics to validate pilot programs as appropriate.
- Analyze the performance of installed enhancements to measure against projected business results.
ENTERPRISE FEEDBACK MANAGEMENT
- Administer and maintain access to portfolio data for the Portfolio Management Team.
- Provide guidance taking into account administration of the tool as well as meaningful data analytics.
- Lead the process of defining the standard reporting for relational and transactional surveys and develop appropriate reporting packages and distribution groups based on that work.
- Ensure that leadership and agents have the ability to receive, forward, and follow up on customer feedback that requires attention in a timely manner (closed loop).
- Ensure that results are reported regularly to key stakeholders.
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, and/or 3-5 years' experience in a comparable analytical role.
- Requires significant analytical capabilities. Must have intermediate or better technical skills.
- Advanced problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Advanced presentation skills using any medium.
- Ability to develop and prepare business analysis and recommendations.
- Ability to interface with Sales/Marketing, IT, Process Re-Engineers, Operations and Product Management on key projects and initiatives.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
- Excellent time management, organizational, prioritization, and follow through skills.
- Possess the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to network and build effective and trustful relationships cross-functionally.
- Must pass a successful background investigation
- Experience with Enterprise Level Business intelligence platforms (SAP Business Objects (preferred), Cognos, Hyperion, etc…)
- Experience with data visualization tools and methodologies (Tableau, Lumira, etc…)
- Proficiency with data analysis tools (e.g. SQL, Minitab, SAS)
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
- 401(k) Plan
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
- Extended Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off(PTO)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a senior recruiter supporting the IT and Sales Departments, Julia spends her days sourcing candidates, reaching out to great potentials, and coordinating with her fellow recruiters to attend off-site events.
Back to top