Fraud Analyst I
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
The Fraud Analyst I is responsible for reducing the financial risk resulting from fraud to our customers, our partners, and WEX. This is accomplished through prevention, detection, and management of misuse, abuse and fraud. Fraud Analysts may be assigned an area of greater focus, such as application fraud.
- Compromised Card Call Campaign: Telephone/email contact with fleets with compromised cards to terminate and reissue cards and advise fleets on next steps.
- Fraud Detection: To limit fraud losses through both early and accurate detection of abuse and promotion of best practices. Transaction or velocity monitoring to detect potential abuse/fraud in a timely manner and take the appropriate course of action. Recommend modifications to detection tools or processes to facilitate early and accurate detection and increase detection rates.
- Loss Mitigation: Limit fraud losses to all stakeholders through both early and accurate detection of abuse, promotion of best practices, and by providing consultation to customers and partners for all account or card-related security measures.
- Application Fraud: Perform application fraud reviews where warranted. Responsible for managing against regulatory requirements and deadlines for compliance reporting.
- Case Initiation: Initiate formal cases when appropriate and thoroughly prepare case for transition to Fraud Analyst II for investigation.
- Process Improvement: Identification of areas in need of process improvement and demonstrate initiative toward formulating and implementing the improvement.
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- Candidate must have solid phone and customer service skills, effective oral and written communication skills, possess solid analytical ability, computer proficient with experience with Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word.
- Candidates also must have excellent time management and organizational skills - the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Must pass a successful background investigation.
- Bachelors degree preferred in related field
- Technical/professional writing skills
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
- 401(k) Plan
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
- Extended Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off(PTO)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a senior recruiter supporting the IT and Sales Departments, Julia spends her days sourcing candidates, reaching out to great potentials, and coordinating with her fellow recruiters to attend off-site events.
Back to top