WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions. We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry. If you are looking for a growing career - come be part of WEX today! Great Place To Work-Certified.
WEX Europe (Netherlands) B.V. is seeking a self-driven and motivated professional to join their Finance team, located in Breda, Netherlands. As Controller, you will have the opportunity to manage the regulatory reporting, financial reporting, and board reporting of the bank. In addition, this role will develop and maintain a robust oversight program of the accounting functions of the parent company, WEX Inc. Job operates with multiple legal entities in an international environment (BE, NL, LU, FR) all with its own characteristics. This highly visible role will also be involved in new projects and initiatives as they arise. Reporting directly to the Financial Director, the Financial Controller will also help develop the strategic direction of the Finance team.
Ideal candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Prepare and/or review all regulatory reports.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, and other financial reports as required.
- Reconciliation of cash flow generation.
- Review of all general ledger accounts to identify significant variance activity and provide explanations.
- Provide information and assistance to the company's internal and external auditors
- Review and post journal entries created by team as applicable.
- Review monthly loan loss allowance calculation.
- Oversight of account reconciliation process and other accounting processes. performed by WEX Inc.
- Develop and enforce policies and procedures to mitigate financial risk and enhance the control environment. Internal control processes and SOX compliance.
- Streamline the accounting processes and procedures to increase productivity and accuracy.
- Maintain proper control over all accounting areas, including segregation of duties, and appropriate backup and coverage.
- Assist/lead projects.
- Partner with business leaders and finance community to identify revenue and expense key performance indicators, developing and adapting forecasting as necessary.
- Recommend and lead cost saving initiatives.
- Analyze financial results.
- Develop, train, and mentor staff and provide periodic performance feedback both formally and informally.
Other duties and special projects as assigned
- 7+ years of experience in accounting processes, financial reporting, and regulatory reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting qualifications or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of IFRS; Knowledge of local GAAP (France and BeNeLux) is an asset. USGAAP compliance.
- Knowledge of local tax laws and understanding of France, Belgium and Luxemburg taxation.
- Team player, excellent interpersonal skills and strong communicator.
- Analytical, accurate and detail-oriented with pro-active / hands-on mentality.
- Unquestioned integrity and honesty.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Fluent knowledge of Dutch and English.
- 2+ years of people management experience.
- Experience with PeopleSoft (or any other ERP), Hyperion Financial Management and Call Reporter
Note to recruitment agencies: All unsolicited submission prior to an agreement set in place between the Talent Acquisition Department and the agency will not create any implied obligation. We reserve the right to contact the candidates directly from any unsolicited submissions. We work strictly with a list of preferred suppliers.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Back to top