Devops Engineer 4
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career - come be part of WEX today! Great Place To Work-Certified.
This Cloud Engineer position will help design, implement and support AWS Cloud environments. This position will work closely with the development teams, DevOps Engineers and other IT Operations group. This person needs to have strong problem solving skills, be very organized, and have the ability to multi-task.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and build AWS environments using automated workfows
- Help develop a library of scripts to automate the WEX AWS cloud environments
- Work with development teams translating requirements into designs and automated workfows
- Assist developers and DevOps teams with implementing automation scripts that follow the WEX standards
- Work closely with Enterprise Architecture, Info Security (Dome9) and Operations to develop automation that meet our standards and compliance requirements.
- Complete projects and other duties as assigned
- Train off-hours staff for duties that can be performed during non-business hours.
- Project lead on technology changes
- Participate in the on-call support rotation.
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- Knowledge and experience with AWS Technologies
- Working experience with AWS Cloud Formation, TerraForm, Ansible, Jenkins, Chef and Puppet
- AWS Security Group and Route Table experience
- Scripting experience in Python, Ruby, Perl, or Bash
- Production Operations Experience
- Experience meeting PCI, HIPAA, and Sarbanes-Oxley security requirements
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize work tasks for maximum efficiency
- A "can do" attitude and works well in a team environment
- Schedule flexibility to accommodate on-call responsibilities
- Ability to document clear/precise instructions for procedures or processes
- Bachelor's degree preferred or 8+ years of IT experience focused on Cloud computing
- Certified AWS Architect
- Strong Networking and Security ACL exerience
- Advanced knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Advanced problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• 401(k) Plan
• Adoption Assistance
• Bonus Plan
• Dental Insurance
• Dependent Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Referral Award Program
• Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
• Extended Parental Leave
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance/AD&D
• On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
• Pet Insurance
• Paid Time Off(PTO)
• Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
• Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a member of the Core Processing Team, Leela works alongside fellow engineers to ensure that the back-end systems supporting all of WEX’s credit card transactions are functionally optimized.
Back to top