Data Scientist 3, Fraud
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
Designs, develops and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse "big data" sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client services and product enhancement. Interacts with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments. Develops and codes software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interprets and communicates insights and
findings from analysis and experiments to product, service, and business managers.
- Drive both descriptive and predictive analytics to new levels within WEX. Profile, segment and cluster our customers into new and evolving models to generate better response rates, revenue growth and an enhanced customer experience.
- Build "what if" models to aid in the rapid testing, validation and deployment of new campaign ideas
- Explore unstructured digital data looking for trends about WEX, our customers or related industry topics that could spur lead generation opportunities
- Discover opportunities for business growth by uncovering new insights, data assets, and products via applied data analysis
- Design and deliver interactive data visualization & reporting tools using modern methods and systems
- Automate data workflows to efficiently manage large data sets and create replicable analyses
Data Science managers at WEX are involved with a broad range of payment customers, with responsibilities that span the entire life cycle of analytics projects:
- Collaborate with internal and external customers to develop clear business and measurement objectives
- Oversee project execution and delivery
- Apply various quantitative methods, including regression, multivariate and graphical methods to analyze and interpret information from complex data sources
- Provide integrated analytical solutions across disparate customer data sets
- Develop and maintain functional expertise in a broad array of payment businesses
- Conceptualize and communicate strategic solutions
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- 5 years of business experience working in a quantitative role as a Data Scientist, Statistician, or Data Analyst
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- Industry experience with one or more of the following: linear and logistic regression, discriminant analysis, dimensionality reduction, text mining, unsupervised classification methods, complex data
management and transformation
- Experience managing project teams
- Experience strategically applying advanced analytics to complex business problems involving a wide array of data sets and conveying results, challenges, direction, and timelines to management and clients
- Fluency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Expert knowledge of at least one of SAS, Python, or R. Familiarity with SQL.
- Must pass a successful background investigation
- Willingness to travel on occasion
- Quantitative graduate degree (e.g., Statistics, Applied Economics, Data Science) strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Hadoop/Hive preferred
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
- 401(k) Plan
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
- Extended Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off(PTO)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a senior recruiter supporting the IT and Sales Departments, Julia spends her days sourcing candidates, reaching out to great potentials, and coordinating with her fellow recruiters to attend off-site events.
Back to top