Data Center Operations Technician 2 (South Portland, Overnights)
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions. We are passionate about providing payment solutions with unparalleled security and control for corporate purchasing and transaction monitoring needs.
We hire people who share the same passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in our industry. We are employee centric offering value-based incentives and generous compensation and benefits packages. If you are looking for a growing career - come be part of WEX today!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors Authorization, Online and Web Services applications; triages and escalates issues to Team Leader as appropriate; is able to swing Authorization to the Disaster Recovery site and when required
- Monitors infrastructure components (e.g., networks, servers, storage, databases) to ensure availability; triages and escalates issues to Team Leader as appropriate
- Monitors and executes batch schedules to ensure compliance with customer SLAs; triages and escalates issues to Team Leader as appropriate
- Opens, monitors, updates, and escalates incident tickets; documents all pertinent information in the ticket; ensures root cause of issues are captured wherever possible
- Performs all duties within the IT System Management framework (processes, standards, tools)
- Maintains awareness of upcoming changes, maintenance, etc. and will provide company level communications around events planned and unplanned
- Other assigned duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration
- AD/BS/BA (Engineering or Computer Science a plus) with 2+ years Network or Data Center Operations experience
- Knowledge in IT System Management processes & tools; ITIL Certification a plus
- Knowledge of Network & Data Center Operations tools including, but not limited to, Scheduling, Monitoring, Scripting, Ticketing
- Possess problem isolation, analysis and resolution skills.
- Working knowledge of ITIL process and supporting procedures a plus
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Able to work with people in other countries and time zones (flexibility in work hours)
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions
- Experience with BMC Control^M scheduler.
- Experience with FTP, SFTP, and TLS processes.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and Linux systems.
- Knowledge of database technologies, SAN storage, and networks.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; acting as a vendor liaison, and working closely with engineering and management.
- Ability to solve problems quickly in order to get systems back online for customers; ability to perform root cause analysis and develop solutions to prevent problems from recurring.
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence. Benefits include:
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
• 401(k) Plan
• Life Insurance/AD&D
• Dependent Life Insurance
• Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
• Extended Parental Leave
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
• Employee Referral Award Program
• Employee Assistance Program
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Pet Insurance
• Bonus Plan
Back to top