Credit/Collection Support 4 (English/Spanish)
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career - come be part of WEX today! Great Place To Work-Certified.
The Account Executive will administer portfolios of client relationships and as such will be the primary relationship point between the business and the client and thereby the primary manager of risk. Maintain friendly, firm, professional demeanor while providing competent risk management and timely customer service at all times.
- Ensure the asset quality of the portfolio is maintained.
- Ensure advances to clients are made on receivables purchased compatible with the credit policy.
- Days outstanding.
- Effective Advance Rate (against receivables less than 90 days).
- Charge-back levels.
- Over 90-day receivables.
- Ensure all operating conditions set as part of the Credit Approval Request or at Client Review / Portfolio meetings are enacted and exceptions to policies approved.
- Review the paper trail for client fundings and supporting documentation, ensure fundings comply with approved debtor limits and refer to Team Lead / Credit Manager any exceptions or debtor limit issue.
- Review all client reports weekly and report any red flags to the Team Lead.
- Conduct verifications as needed and ensure adherence to credit policy, operational procedures and client specific operating conditions.
- Monitor verifications and enter call records as necessary ensuring verification targets are met.
- Identify and anticipate client facility issues and pro-actively propose solutions to Team Lead as appropriate for implementation.
- Participate fully in weekly watch list meetings, ensuring prepared for meeting with all reports reviewed and risk position of clients understood.
- Participate fully in quarterly portfolio review meetings, ensuring prepared for meeting with all reports reviewed and risk position of clients understood.
- Ensure any potential dilution to collateral (charge-backs, disputes, shortages etc) is managed, prepared for and reviewed in review meetings or with Team Lead immediately if substantive.
- Review Credit Policy and ensure is understood and in how role is impacted.
- Oversee work of Collateral Analyst (likely in conjunction with peer AE) in liaison with Team Lead.
- Review incoming schedules, invoices and supporting documents to ensure receivables purchased are appropriate and credit policy compliant. Where such review has been undertaken by Collateral Analyst ("CA") ensure that schedule is reviewed and action taken on issues identified by CA or by self.
- Ensure any new debtors are identified and procedures followed regarding their credit approval are followed.
- Make verification calls on receivables in line with credit policy and in line with targets for client level and portfolio level verifications.
- Ensure notification procedures for all new client relationships and new debtors are followed and recorded.
- Manage client funding process ensuring any advance and / or reserve release is in line with credit policy and any issues / concerns / future dilution has been addressed or disclosed to management.
- Review active client agings to ensure upcoming aging concerns are being reserved and targeted for collection calls etc.
- Escalate and engage Team Lead over any identified client issues or exceptions.
- Manage client relationship.
- Liaise with collection staff over shortages and matters arising from collection calls.
- Manage setting up of new clients in line with Credit Approval Request.
- Ensure familiarity with operating conditions set out in Credit Approval Request (or any subsequent approved amendment) for each client managed and that these are followed and put up for review if circumstances indicate appropriate.
- Ensure familiarity with any pre funding conditions set out in Credit Approval Request for each new client in which involved in first funding process and ensure they are followed or issues bought promptly to attention of Team Lead / Chief Credit Officer.
- Take new clients through an 'induction' process ensuring they understand how facility will operate.
- To ensure that best practice is both shared and implemented within FOF.
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- Intermediate to advanced account reconciliation and auditing skills
- Intermediate accounting knowledge
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer software literacy (MS Office)
- Detail oriented
- Organizational/Time Management ability
- Strong customer service and leadership skills
- Bilingual Required (Spanish)
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Sound decision making/judgment
- Team oriented
- Flexible/Adaptable to change
- Self-motivated with ability to work autonomously
- Goal oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong communication skills.
- Bilingual Required(Spanish)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Commitment to customer service.
- Organizational skills essential.
- Experience in managing factoring client relationships (desirable but not required) including verification activity especially calls, reserve management, risk identification etc.
- Ability to work in a participative manner in a team environment.
- Ability to anticipate problem situations and propose solutions.
- Work in a fast moving team environment.
Must be able to take ownership / responsibility of work product
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
•Dependent Life Insurance
•Employee Assistance Program
•Employee Referral Award Program
•Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
•Extended Parental Leave
•Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
•On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
•Paid Time Off(PTO)
•Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Back to top