Credit/Collection Support 2
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career - come be part of WEX today!
The Recovery Agent applies industry knowledge, departmental policies and procedures, and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act to make appropriate collection decisions. This position demonstrates consistency in work processes and is proficient use of multiple systems and collections tools enabling the ability to reach a decision maker in the collections process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses judgment and experience to make decisions which effectively balance risk, quality, productivity, and corporate objectives
- Contacts past due customers to:
- Understand the customer's circumstances
- Negotiate payment arrangements
- Assess risk and provide service.
- Educate customers on terms and conditions and alternative payment methods, including:
- Managing multiple portfolios
- Risk levels
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration:
• Working knowledge of FDCPA and any other applicable Federal laws
• High School Diploma with 1-2 years experience in related field
• Must pass a successful background investigation
• Bachelor's Degree
• Basic accounting and Skip Tracing knowledge
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Analytical skills
• Sound decision making/judgment
• Flexible/Adaptable to change
• Detail Oriented
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of customer and company information
• Organized/Time Management ability
• Working knowledge of Excel/Access
• Ability to be productive and meet individual target while maintaining quality
• Adhere to department schedule needs
• Results Oriented
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
• 401(k) Plan
• Adoption Assistance
• Bonus Plan
• Dental Insurance
• Dependent Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Referral Award Program
• Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
• Extended Parental Leave
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance/AD&D
• On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
• Pet Insurance
• Paid Time Off(PTO)
• Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
• Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a member of the Core Processing Team, Leela works alongside fellow engineers to ensure that the back-end systems supporting all of WEX’s credit card transactions are functionally optimized.
Back to top