Credit Analyst 3
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career - come be part of WEX today!
Provides analysis and interpretation of the customers' financial status for proper evaluation of risk and the establishment of proper credit limits. Interacts with sales support, customer service, and accounts receivable in reconciling accounts. Prepares recommendations and makes credit approval decisions on new accounts. Analyzes and reports on credit memo and write-off activity. Monitors and communicates credit concerns to management. This job is not for those responsible for placing routine calls to customers for collection of past due accounts. This role is focused on policy decisions/judgment regarding credit offers. Makes daily decisions to resolve customer, employee, company, and system issues. Analyzes complex issues and data to resolve and implement resolutions. Responsible for changing strategies based on overall portfolio performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee underwriting and structuring process, ensure initial funding verification and Credit Approval Request conditions are complied with, execution of legal documentation, implementation and maintenance of lien searches, and execution of first security interest including liaison with attorneys over subordination agreements, debtor credit management including maintenance of credit files.
- To ensure that the credit approval request has been prepared in line with Credit Policy and reflects a balanced and detailed assessment of the risk proffered from the proposed client relationship.
- To coordinate the client take on, underwriting and initial funding processes to ensure a timely and expeditious execution of a new business transaction in line with client's expectations while remaining compliant with Credit Policy
- To ensure all conditions set out in the Credit Approval Request are followed at the initial funding and that the initial funding complies with the Credit Policy.
- To ensure that a first security interest is enacted on all new facilities including the identification of liens, garnishments, other security interests and ensuring subordination and intercreditors are executed as appropriate.
- Ensure that credit resources are researched and assessed so that FOF is utilizing best practice in credit research and assessment.
- To champion the Credit Policy and its adoption with the business unit.
- To implement and maintain excellent standards of customer service.
- To work with the sales group to ensure deal profitability and structure standards are met.
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5-7 years experience
- Proven ability to review collateral, financial performance and projections.
- High attention to detail.
- Organizational skills essential.
- Strong skills and experience regarding transaction structuring.
- High level of familiarity with documentation specific to factoring facilities.
- Ability to build internal and external relationships. Work in a fast moving team environment.
• 401(k) Plan
• Adoption Assistance
• Bonus Plan
• Dental Insurance
• Dependent Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Referral Award Program
• Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
• Extended Parental Leave
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance/AD&D
• On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
• Pet Insurance
• Paid Time Off(PTO)
• Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
• Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a member of the Core Processing Team, Leela works alongside fellow engineers to ensure that the back-end systems supporting all of WEX’s credit card transactions are functionally optimized.
Back to top