Architect, Data Visualization Engineer 4
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career - come be part of WEX today! Great Place To Work-Certified.
We have a small data team looking to expand in support of data analytics for the WEX Corporate Payments line of business. We have need for a person with cloud-based data architecture and data visualizations. Are you experienced in design purpose-built schemas and then translating them into really powerful visualizations? If so, we would love to talk with you about the benefits of being part of our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Data Architecture team to define data needs and build Tableau data sources and dashboards for the Corporate Payments division.
- Work with the data analysts, engineers and scientists to model and develop the datawarehouse and to shape the strategy to ensure scalability and high availability is delivered
- Review and validate data models (star-schema, data vault, de-normalized) in the support of the development and maintenance of the logical/physical enterprise operational and data warehouse data architecture.
- Ensure the data model properly supports changes to business requirements. Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data source for new and better data feeds.Work with the business and data architects to identify and analyze data needs.
- Work closely with internal partners to maintain high level of technology enablement and customer engagement through analytics
- Design and Implement data integration, data quality, data profiling, and ETL/ELT processes
- Aid efforts to perform data mapping, data extraction, and loading
- Identify and recommend opportunities to improve data quality processes
- Strong SQL background and ability to assist other teams with complex SQL and help System DBA's identifying performance bottlenecks and come up with solutions for tuning.
- Experience in cloud-based data, ETL and streaming technologies
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration
- BS/BA with 8+ years' experience. A bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science is a plus.
- Combination of related experience and education will be considered
- Strong database background, both SQL and No-SQL
- Experience on Cloud Databases: AWS Aurora, DynamoDB and Redshift
- Experience with data management tools such as Talend,SAP and Informatica
- Experience with BI/ Analytics tools, Tableau experience required
- Strong aptitude to learn business processes/products and the role of data within the business domain
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Successfully pass a background investigation
Knowledge of Predictive Algorithms and Big Data platforms is an advantage.
Knowledge of real-time replication tools is a plus
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
• 401(k) Plan
• Adoption Assistance
• Bonus Plan
• Dental Insurance
• Dependent Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Referral Award Program
• Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
• Extended Parental Leave
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance/AD&D
• On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
• Pet Insurance
• Paid Time Off(PTO)
• Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
• Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a member of the Core Processing Team, Leela works alongside fellow engineers to ensure that the back-end systems supporting all of WEX’s credit card transactions are functionally optimized.
Back to top