Accounting Associate 2
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
An Accounting Associate II is responsible for verifying and posting routine accounting transactions to journals, ledgers or other records and verifies accuracy. Performs reconciliation of routine transactions and prepares statements, invoices and vouchers. This position usually specializes in one functional area of accounting.
- Processes and records routine accounting transactions to journals, ledgers or other records and verifies accuracy. Including posting of cash receipts, expenses or other accounting transactions. Posts details of business transactions such as funds received and disbursed and totals accounts to ledgers, computer spreadsheets and databases. Operates computer to enter data into spreadsheet and/or database.
- Compiles, sorts and files documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions. Maintains records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, compilation, coding, updating, and purging.
- Prepares routine invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records.
- Assists employees, vendors, or customers by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Associate's degree in Accounting preferred with 1-3 years relevant experience.
- Experience may be substituted for education.
- Proficiency in the use of relevant software applications and spreadsheets required.
- Individual must be a motivated self-starter who possesses effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to thrive in a deadline-oriented environment.
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
- 401(k) Plan
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
- Extended Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off(PTO)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a senior recruiter supporting the IT and Sales Departments, Julia spends her days sourcing candidates, reaching out to great potentials, and coordinating with her fellow recruiters to attend off-site events.
Back to top