An Accountant 3 is responsible for the analysis of financial results, preparation of financial reporting and ensuring accounting transactions are recorded correctly. This position applies the principles, concepts, and practices of accounting and GAAP accounting standards. Will specialize in one or more functional areas such as cash disbursements, factoring, AP, accruals, etc. Establishes, interprets and analyzes complex and senior level accounting records of financial statements for management. Relies on experience and independent judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is representative of duties that may be assigned. It is expected that an individual in this position have the skills and knowledge to assume any combination.
• Manages and oversees corporate accounting control and financial treatment over a group of accounts within a given specialized area. Records, classifies, and summarizes financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• Participate in monthly closing processes, with full understanding of all key journal entries.
• Reconciles assigned accounts, which may include accounts receivable and accounts payable. Resolves differences and initiates corrective action and processes various sub-ledger and general ledger journal entries as needed.
• Implements corporate accounting policies and procedures to ensure adequate controls and compliance with guiding Accounting principles, concepts, and practices. Provides guidance on accounting treatments to other departments.
• Acts as a liaison with internal customers to ensure all financial transactions are recorded timely and accurately. Reviews accounts, records, and other accounting documents for accuracy, adequacy, and proper accounting treatment. Initiates corrective action on complex and senior level issues.
• Assists with annual external audit. Completes requested materials. Assists in preparing assigned schedules for the annual and interim audit.
• Back-up month-end duties assigned to other Accountants
• Special projects as assigned by Management
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Accounting with 5-8 years relevant experience.
- CPA or Master's degree preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of relevant software applications, databases, and spreadsheets required.
- A solid knowledge of accounting and financial statements and the ability to analyze and interpret financial statements and budgets are required.
- Requires knowledge of GAAP accounting standards.
- Individual must be a motivated self-starter who possesses effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a strong analytical thinker.
- Must be able to thrive in a deadline-oriented environment with proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Individual must have exceptional attention to detail and accuracy and ability to build relationships and manage conflict.
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
• 401(k) Plan
• Adoption Assistance
• Bonus Plan
• Dental Insurance
• Dependent Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Referral Award Program
• Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
• Extended Parental Leave
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance/AD&D
• On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
• Pet Insurance
• Paid Time Off(PTO)
• Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
• Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a member of the Core Processing Team, Leela works alongside fellow engineers to ensure that the back-end systems supporting all of WEX’s credit card transactions are functionally optimized.
Back to top