WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career - come be part of WEX today!
An Accountant II is responsible for the analysis of financial results, preparation of financial reporting and ensuring accounting transactions are recorded correctly. This position applies the principles, concepts, and practices of accounting. Maintains and prepares moderately complex general ledger and sub-ledger financial transactions. Examines and interprets moderately complex financial transactions for accuracy, reasonableness, and proper accounting treatment. May specialize in one functional area of accounting. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Will make recommendations to the Team Lead/Manager on potential process improvement opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The following is representative of duties that may be assigned. It is expected that an individual in this position have the skills and knowledge to assume any combination.
- Owns responsibility of an accounting sub-ledger and ensures accurate records, proper accounting treatment and reporting. Exercises accounting control and financial treatment over a group of accounts within a given specialized area. Records, classifies, and summarizes financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Includes the reconciliation of moderately complex accounts and sub-ledger to the general ledger and resolves differences.
- Acts as a liaison with internal and external customers to ensure all financial transactions are recorded timely and accurately. Reviews accounts, records, and other accounting documents for accuracy, adequacy, and proper accounting treatment. Analyzes and interprets contracts to ensure compliance. Initiates corrective action on moderately complex issues.
- Assists in month-end close process. Prepares monthly internal financial reporting for financial analysis, forecasting and results analysis.
- Conducts thorough review of assigned account reconciliations. Prepares proper corrective actions, and accounting treatment within GAAP accounting standards.
- Understand and implements corporate accounting policies and procedures to ensure adequate controls and compliance with guiding Accounting principles, concepts, and practices.
- Researches accounting practices as assigned and provides a summary of findings to Management.
- Assists in the support of quarterly and annual audit requests.
- Special projects as assigned by Management.
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with 2-4 years relevant experience.
- Proficiency in the use of relevant software applications, databases, and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of accounting and financial statements and the ability to analyze accounting transactions and financial statements.
- Individual must be a motivated self-starter who possesses effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to thrive in a deadline-oriented environment with proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy and ability to build relationships and manage conflict.
• CPA or CPA willing candidate
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
• 401(k) Plan
• Adoption Assistance
• Bonus Plan
• Dental Insurance
• Dependent Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Referral Award Program
• Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
• Extended Parental Leave
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance/AD&D
• On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
• Pet Insurance
• Paid Time Off(PTO)
• Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
• Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a member of the Core Processing Team, Leela works alongside fellow engineers to ensure that the back-end systems supporting all of WEX’s credit card transactions are functionally optimized.
Back to top