Workday Financial Management - Solution Engineer
Department Goals and Objectives:
- Responsible for successful Technology Services delivery to WeWork members
- Ultimate accountability for bottom line
- Manages the administrative, logistical and other duties that are necessary for the buildings’ day-to-day Information Technology functions
- Seeks to maximize return on investment for the shareholders
- Technology Services will plan and deliver integrated information services to enable Internal WeWork employees and members to access the information they need, when and where they need it
- Technology Services will meet or exceed member’s requirements for technology service delivery
- Technology Services will leverage existing, emerging, and innovative technologies to enhance, improve, and streamline Technology Services processes
- Technology Services will ensure the privacy, integrity, reliability and appropriate use of information resources for all WeWork locations
Position Goals and Objectives:
This position is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurially minded person who enjoys making a difference in a start-up company. The Workday Finance Solution Engineer will be the technical lead for day-to-day operations of the Workday platform. This position will serve in the capacity of a lead techno-functional administrator for Workday and will have responsibility to recommend and implement business processes, reporting, dashboards, integrations, feeds, and configuration that enable Workday to drive business alignment and maximize organizational and business performance.
This function plays a lead role in enabling thoughtful processes and solutions that drive efficiency, reduce the cost of operations and mitigate operational risk globally. In addition the function offers a broad range of administrative services to our internal employees. The Workday Finance Solution Engineer is the key individual in owning the Workday product, responsible for the implementation of all scheduled and ad-hoc releases. This person serves as the product specialist and will build upon and maintain professional relationships with key colleagues / vendors to ensure that the services & solutions provided meet our current and future needs.
The candidate must be organized and analytical, adept at working in a team environment, able to follow and implement a project schedule, have a continuous improvement mindset and be capable of handling multiple priorities concurrently. We are looking for candidates who are excellent communicators, as well as self-starting and energetic. He or she will also be capable of dealing with ambiguity and rapidly-changing priorities, with a strong desire to take on more responsibility as they grow.
The incumbent will be the department expert on workflow and business processes, security, and determining/communicating/enforcing best practices in entering and maintaining systems data. Building and maintaining integrations and ensuring the integrity/quality of data transmitted and system availability will be an important part of the role. Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot the deep details of an issue and fixing it from end to end. These fixes may include short-term workarounds but will always focus on long term and comprehensive solutions to problems. Areas of focus include but are not limited to the following domain areas:
Security Administration – This position will be responsible for the security capabilities and functionality of the Workday platform supporting Financial Management. This position will be responsible for managing the creation, maintenance, and editing of on-going system roles for users of the system. This position will also be responsible for determining what roles employees will be granted in the Workday platform, perform periodic audits to ensure users are regularly reviewed, and provide guidance to users on system security capabilities.
Process Administration - This position may also be responsible for creating, maintaining, enhancing, and managing business processes as defined in the Workday system. The business process steps, roles assigned, and organizations assigned to each process are monitored and maintained by team members filling this role. May be asked to assist users of the Workday system in resolving issues involving the business process steps.
Work Experience & Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Leading Workdays technology implementations and upgrades by effectively partnering with colleagues in Finance, HR, Technology Services, vendors throughout the lifecycle of a release or project
- Supporting Tenant management
- Supporting resolution of issues escalated; managing incidents, tracking ticket status and partnering with teams to resolve
- Collaborating with project resources in all aspects of system testing including development of test strategy documentation, creating test scripts, coordinate testing resources, compile test completion metrics, and test script execution
- Driving the execution of Workday configuration
- Assisting with prioritization of enhancements and overall stabilization efforts
- Partnering with the business users to recommend supplemental solutions leveraging Workday. Enhancing Workday Finance BPs to support ongoing business process changes
- Managing and communicating weekly status reports
- Primary point of contact for customers to research, troubleshoot and resolve production issues in a timely manner.
- Effectively prioritizes and escalates customer issues as required.
- Supports the change order process through providing estimates on effort, defining requirements, designing and configuring the solution.
- Supports end users with ad hoc or non-standard batch uploads, creating complex reports and resolving issues with existing reports.
- Maintains Finance related and technical documentation.
- Provides production support for the Workday platform and its integration points with other software and modules and ensures business processes are maintained in a non-disruptive manner.
- Provides support to end-users of the Workday platform, answering questions, resolving issues and following through on any reported or unresolved issues ensuring timely and reliable response.
- Consults on the design, development, testing, implementation, administration, support and enhancement of Workday Security
- Monitors user and management activity, error, and other exception reports to ensure security is being maintained
- Responsible for SOX testing as well as responding to internal or external audit requests as needed.
- Test planning & execution with project teams, SMEs and end users
- Perform user provisioning, including the creation/change of users and password resets
- Auditing system and generating periodic compliance reports and ensuring data integrity
- Troubleshoot authorization issues
- Create/change authorization roles in compliance with company change control procedures
- Undergraduate degree, equivalent degree or work with preferred concentration in Technology Services, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years of practical Workday Financial experience outlined above
- Experience with Workday Financial Security Administration is required.
- Experience in writing documents and executing requirements, design, development, and testing.
- Working knowledge of software development life cycle activities (i.e., requirements, analysis, design, construction, testing, and deployment).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work independently and perform against tight deadlines and multi-task effectively.
- Strong self-motivation balanced with a desire to achieve team goals.
- Experience with iterative or agile software development methodologies.
- Working knowledge of PM tools such as MS Project and MS Excel.
- Experience should include systems implementations, integration and Finance systems
- Project experience in a technical or techno-functional role with one or more ERP implementations.
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than 50,000 members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top