Test Fit Specialist
About the Role
We are in search of a Test Fit Specialist who is eager to get involved on the front end of our property assessment process for new WeWork locations. As a Test Fit Specialist, you will actively engage in the spatial and financial evaluation of potential new properties sourced by the Real Estate team. This position is perfect for an architecturally-minded designer who is highly efficient, solution-oriented, and Revit savvy. Having a firm grasp on both spatial reasoning and computational design is integral to succeeding in this role.
- Work directly with Real Estate team to complete test fits for potential new WeWork properties
- Clean and translate owner provided files (CAD or otherwise) into new Revit model
- Work with Architecture team to ensure that most up-to-date programmatic elements are implemented into test fits
- Calculate USF for existing floor plates and generate USF plans for potential new buildings
- Analyze and work within existing building conditions to find best solution to fit WeWork programmatic elements into building envelope
- Reports to Head of BIM
- Minimum 2 years practical experience in high end hospitality, Residential, Commercial or Retail Architectural Design
- Experience with Revit and AutoCAD as well as Dynamo and Grasshopper
- Coding experience a plus
- Knowledge and comfort working with ADA, zoning, and building codes
- Ability to take on multiple projects at once and to meet deadlines punctually
- Desire to learn and grow within a diverse community of designers
- Quick learner and highly resourceful problem-solver
- Strong time-management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering high quality design
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top