Technology Compliance Analyst
Position Goals & Qualifications:
This position is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurially-minded person who enjoys making a difference in a start-up company. The Technology Compliance Analyst will have a passion for technology, governance and automation along with a desire to relentlessly champion best practices in a high-volume, dynamic environment. This person will ensure that the activities of the technology support teams are in compliance with controls, processes and policies set by the company. They will ensure the proper management and maintenance of technology services that support the business as well as a set of policies, procedures, and controls that is applied to technology across the organization to enforce corporate standards and assure regulatory compliance. These activities include but are not limited to:
- Financial systems and ERP experience, specifically with Workday.
- Internal controls including Sarbanes Oxley Compliance, SSAE16/SOC, and Data Privacy.
- Identifying risks and testing of application level and infrastructure level controls.
- Implement Technology Service Management (ITSM) best practices across the organization.
- Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Planning.
The Technology Compliancy Analyst will drive sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable improvements to these processes aimed at efficiency and scalability. This individual will maintain awareness of the infrastructure and systems domains and conduct research and oversee risk mitigation activities towards achieving governance & compliance program goals. The person in this position will be expected to demonstrate flexibility, versatility and the ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities at any given time.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Execute day-to-day activities required for the development and tracking of an IT Governance and Compliance program including communication and management of policies, controls and practices supporting technology risk, compliance and information security objectives.
- Monitor and perform periodic internal controls testing. Participate in design, improvement and testing of related tools.
- Responsible for the reviewing control narratives and evidence collection as needed.
- Proactively help employees stay compliant with the controls and provide guidance in the overall execution of technology risk and compliance initiatives.
- Provide guidance over technology governance and controls activities to ensure adherence to process and compliance goals are achieved. Also provide evidence of these activities as needed by audit inquiries.
- Work with external auditors for IT internal controls related inquires and requests.
- Develop and maintain process documentation, workflows and analytics reporting.
- Monitor and execute business continuity & disaster recovery planning programs across the company.
- Develop and maintain third party security standards and assessment methodologies around suppliers, vendors and service providers.
- Provide insight regarding risk assessments and control self-assessments as assigned.
- Provide project management and program leadership, including process improvement, business process and data analysis, process documentation and support for IT project life cycle for supporting programs and tools.
Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 years experience working with technology governance, internal controls, and compliance activities including IT Audit, Sarbanes Oxley, COSO, COBIT, ITIL, and Data Privacy laws and regulations.
- Experience executing technology risk assessment methodologies and familiarization with audit testing and relevant documentation standards.
- Experienced in working with of modern cloud Software as a Service (SaaS) and Platform as a Service (SaaS).
- Experienced with evaluating and testing controls around the full technology stack from application, operating system, database, and networking layers.
- Project management, program management, or IT applications or operations support experience required.
- Ability to work closely with people at all levels of the organization and facilitate the implementation of corrective action as needed.
- Ability to analyze, communicate, articulate governance and compliance trends and program requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, critical thinking skills, effective interpersonal skills, strong formal presentation abilities.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in business, finance, computer science, information systems, engineering, or a related discipline preferred
- Industry certifications such as CISA, CISSP, CISM, PMP or CRISC is a plus.
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top