Systems Support Specialist
About the Role
The WeWork Systems Support Specialist will be working to ensure above and beyond systems experiences across all product platforms. Day to day responsibilities include providing email and ticket support, answering user questions, troubleshooting user issues, compiling user feedback, and reporting to the team on user needs.
You will be primarily providing email and ticket support. You will manage the relationship with our users and be the first point of contact when issues arise. You will have the support of the the entire Product Systems + Operations department. This is a full-time job at a fast moving startup - you will be expected to work diligently and occasionally be available to assist users over weekends when issues arise.
- Go above and beyond to deliver an amazing user experience by responding to e-mails and managing support tickets.
- Understand the entire online and offline user experience from A to Z.
- Handle disputes and escalations with a sense of urgency and importance.
- Work with the Product Systems & Operations team to effectively resolve high priority user issues.
- Walk users through systems, detailing their benefits and perks.
- Record and communicate bugs and feedback to the developers and the leadership team.
- Be proactive about user needs to address new challenges and opportunities.
- Previous experience in a start up or fast paced customer service environment with a ticketing system. Outstanding support skills are a must.
- Excellent customer service skills: The individual must exhibit courtesy, kindness, efficiency and helpfulness.
- Excellent writing skills: The individual must have a good command of grammar, spelling and syntax.
- Problem solving: Can identify and resolves problems efficiently, while gathering and analyzing data skillfully.
- Tech-savvy: Can walk users through our digital product
- Understands how to communicate bugs to development team in an effective way.
- Communication skills: The individual speaks clearly, calmly and persuasively, in positive or negative situations.
- Dependability: The individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Education: Bachelor's degree (preferable but not required) plus a minimum of 2 - 3 years of related work experience.
- Schedule flexibility: This position is full-time and may include early mornings, nights, and weekends.
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top