Strategic Sourcing Manager
This role is fantastic for anyone wanting to help improve and think creatively about sourcing and supply chain processes. It will have a regional impact on project delivery and collaboration for our company by connecting the sourcing activities to the project deliveries through design and development. It will require a commitment to understanding and learning about the past and present processes while proactively molding future processes thereby establishing a clear path for growth and expansion.
The Sourcing Team is looking for motivated individuals with a love of learning and collaboration who are eager to join a workplace built around the mindset of "we" over "me". We're committed to investing in team member growth and encourage applicants to consider the direct and/or indirect ways in which they meet the following criteria.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Director of Sourcing and Supply chain, the Product Sourcing Team is responsible for partnering with business stakeholders and develop forward-looking opportunity analysis, engage in a sourcing effort which will result in the lowering of costs, improvement of quality or reduction in time to deliver a project.
- This role will be primarily responsible for developing and managing optimal strategic sourcing solutions for sourcing products and services required to create a world-class space for our members, whilst delivering value to the business.
- Focused on materials, including but not limited to furniture, fixtures, lighting, construction materials, consumables, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, telecommunications, networking equipment, etc.
- Collaborate closely with all Discipline Heads (e.g. Engineering, Interior Design, BIM, Arts & Graphics, Construction, Operations, etc.) and their respective teams.
- Collaborate closely with all Regional Clusters and teams to better understand their process challenges
- Improve procurement processes to drive additional efficiency and scalability
- Engage in the monitoring of contracts and contractual obligation of suppliers, partner internally to develop a supplier relationship management program.
- Track performance against metrics to assess the success of implemented process solutions and provide reports to the larger organization.
- Develop and administer agreements and master services agreements (as appropriate) in collaboration with the business and legal department.
- Deliver information about completed agreements to WeWork partners; publicise agreements in order to achieve greater participation and savings.
- Work with the WeWork team members to coordinate efforts to monitor and encourage compliance with agreements.
- Develop documentation to support the Supply Chain team, which may include RFX documentation, spend analysis, and other documentation as needed.
- Communicate regularly with the Director of Supply Chain and the Supply Chain team to provide progress updates and coordinate initiatives.
- Assist in assessing supplier capabilities via site visits, capacity/scalability and analyzing financial viability
- Organize and prioritize workload for maximum effectiveness and movement with a sense of urgency
- Bachelor's degree is required
- 7+ years' experience in a Sourcing & Supply chain related role.
- Experience managing a team
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on both short term and long-term solutions simultaneously.
- Must be very organized and exhibit excellent time management skills.
- Experience in negotiating pricing, contracts, and commercial terms.
- Clear communicator and excellent presenter with oral, written, and graphic presentation skills.
- Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented.
- Self-directed with a high level of initiative and a "can do" attitude, but open to feedback and a strong desire to learn.
- Excellent people skills with an ability to build consensus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top