Staff Software Engineer
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data and technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster and smarter, and ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings. Our state of the art technologies and dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 210 in just over eight years.
The mission of Core Platform is to provide a unified underlying platform on top of which all member products and services will run. We are building a backbone for all technical applications at WeWork. The work in our mission will touch every member and every employee in every office that we have.
Are you someone with a strong creative streak? Do you enjoy fast paced exciting environments? Are you looking to contribute to making a real impact across many different communities and cultures around the world with the work that you're doing? If so, then we may have the opportunity for you
- Deliver high-quality code, in accordance with standard methodologies
- Partner with business units and Product team in selecting and implementing suitable technology that aligns with overall systems architecture and data strategy
- Drive the architecture of core products
- Mentor a team of software engineers and help develop their technical skills
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience with data scaling and operations
- Diplomatic, practical multi-functional team collaboration (strong communication)
- Ability to break down a large vision into achievable parts
- Security/privacy data experience eg. GDPR, China/Russia conformance
- Event-driven architecture
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.ar
Back to top