Staff Software Development Engineer
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software to support WeWork's proprietary process for finding and building physical spaces that uses data and technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster and smarter, and ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings.
Our state of the art technologies and dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 400 locations across North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and Oceania in just over ten years.
The mission of Real Estate & Development ("RedTech") is to provide our teams across real estate, architecture, design, construction, and project management with the most up to date technology. Our technology allows for a better ability to source new deals, close those deals, design and build more efficiently, and manage the construction process end to end. We're supporting the core business here in RedTech and would love to have you on the team!
Are you someone with a strong creative streak? Do you enjoy fast paced exciting environments? Are you looking to contribute to making a real impact across many different communities and cultures around the world with the work that you're doing? If so, then we may have the opportunity for you.
- Contribute to technical design and systems architecture across teams.
- Identify and drive cross-functional technical efforts across teams
- Manage priorities, deadlines and deliverables for technically oriented projects across multiple teams.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards.
- Utilize software design patterns and enforce good code practices to ensure the delivery high quality code.
- Active partner with product, design, and peers.
- Have indirect influence beyond functional boundaries, such as with product on technical feasibility and roadmap, or with test engineering on tooling and execution needs.
- Promote a culture of unit testing, automated testing, and best practices to attain "zero defect" software.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, or a related field, or relevant experience.
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in building highly available critical systems.
- Experience in designing and developing platform level, reusable components, including event architectures, messaging, and caching (JMS, ActiveMQ, Kinesis, Apache Kafka, etc.)
- Experience in writing scalable, high-performant, instrumented and clean code in one or more languages such as Java/Kotlin (preferred), PHP, C#, Scala, Go, or Python.
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Experience with one or more Cloud Computing Services such as Amazon Web Services (preferred) or Azure.
- Experience working on teams with heavy emphasis on DevOps, Automation, CI/CD, and Quality (Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, etc).
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- A passion for technology with a drive to stay up to date with technology and best practices.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top