Sr. Product Manager, Software Engineering
Sr. Product Manager, Software Engineering
at Flatiron School
At Flatiron School, we're changing education. Since 2012, we've been teaching amazing people how to code and helping them find jobs. We give incredible people the tools to do what they love for a living, and match companies with hires who will do amazing work, take great pride in their craft and view their work as a chance to grow more.
Discipline Product Managers are responsible for the overall success of a single discipline that Flatiron School teaches across all formats and delivery platforms. This means responsibility for commercial success as well as student experience for the discipline. Software Engineering Product Managers are supported by team members across the organization and will use their skills of influence and collaboration to achieve the best for their discipline.
The Software Engineering Product Manager will:
Own and drive program strategy and iteration:
- Understand the competitive landscape for the discipline and ensure our programs successfully fulfill those requirements.
- Design and manage the discipline roadmap and strategy for new program features, business models and partnerships and learning tools/integration to existing or new tools, balancing short- and long-term goals and investments to scale our solutions for our stakeholders: students, employers, and partners.
- Collaborate with the curriculum, teacher training, marketing, and admissions teams to ensure our curriculum meets both employer and student demand.
- Be the owner and driver for all projects and initiatives related to the student success and commercial growth of their discipline.
- Work with academics and education operations to communicate and operationalize program changes and innovation efforts
Build a brand for the discipline that attracts the best students, employers, and partners:
- Develop a thought leadership community - mentors, practitioners, subject matter experts (internal & external), alumni, and other public figures.
- Establish and nurture close relationships at a national and local level to further Flatiron School's brand and growth.
- Be the ambassador for the discipline brand.
- Work closely with the curriculum, teacher training, and general managers to create and maintain content that drives growth and brand awareness; and closely with marketing to develop a targeted distribution strategy.
Set student experience standards and drive excellence:
- Define the desired and future student experience across the discipline and help monitor/execute the guidelines across markets.
- Work jointly with the product, marketing, and education operations teams to test hypotheses for increased student and employer satisfaction.
Qualifications for Software Engineering Product Manager:
- Experience in Product Management, Brand or Strategy Management.
- Experience in scaling products in different segments across multiple markets and multiple stakeholders
- Ability to influence others, socialize ideas and work cross-functionally and across organizational boundaries.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Own and drive program Creation, strategy, and iteration (End to End)
- Ability to proficiently manage both strategic issues and heads-down execution.
- Previous experience in their discipline.
Nice-to-have Qualifications for Software Engineering Product Manager:
- Experience building out a Software Engineering oriented program
- Previous experience with & passion for education
- Experience working in a startup environment.
- Passion for building great products and product experience, with a demonstrated ability to develop a product vision and execute to make that vision a reality.
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people how to code. We've been teaching since 2012, and now we're developing software and programs to bring our successful curriculum to more students. We are more than just a school - we are a team of mission-driven individuals trying to align education with reality.
Over our five years as a school, we've helped over one thousand students learn to code and launch careers in tech. To achieve these outcomes, we've never let ourselves stop growing - we've constantly iterated on our curriculum, evolved our teaching techniques, and created technology to improve our students' learning experience. For the next step in our growth, Flatiron School has joined the WeWork family. In WeWork, we've found a partner who shares the mission we've had since the beginning: to enable passionate people to learn the skills they need to pursue careers and lives they love. And that mission won't change.
As part of WeWork, we look forward to working together to expand our in-person and online programs and further increase accessibility to our transformative education.
Back to top