Software Engineering Manager, Computer Vision
Research Scientist/Engineering Manager, Computer Vision
Research & Applied Science @WeWork
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing over 450,000 members around the world space, community and services that enable them to do what they love. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and partnership. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living.
WeWork creates a co-working environment that increases productivity, innovation, and collaboration. As of now, it is a network of 500 buildings and 450,000 members in 25+ countries.
You should be comfortable with a high degree of uncertainty, and be able to find the intersection between academic research and commercially available solutions.
Computer Vision is one of the critical technologies for making buildings smart. Leveraging computer vision technologies including object detection, recognition, tracking and 3D modeling, we not only make WeWork spaces more effective, efficient, and engaging, but also learn how people interact with spaces and with each other. Our projects include
- People counting, tracking, and recognition;
- Monitoring a construction site, understanding who works on what for how long;
- Object and scene detection to support applications ranging from room booking to cleaning;
- 3D Reconstruction, point cloud data management, robot vision;
- Augmented reality.
Roles & Responsibilities
We are looking for experienced (5+ years) researchers and engineers who are comfortable with a high degree of uncertainty, and are able to find the intersection between academic research and commercially available solutions. Responsibilities include:
- Conduct research in the field of computer vision and machine learning.
- Define applications and design end-to-end solutions.
- Collect, cleanse and analyze large-scale datasets.
- Prototype and productize systems.
- M.S./PhD in Computer Science, or a related field, and a solid publication record
- Strong coding skills in C++ and Python
- Experience in developing and training neural network models.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
Back to top