Software Engineer, Growth Tech
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data and technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster and smarter, and ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings. Our state of the art technologies and dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 210 in just over eight years.
The mission of Growth Technology is to deliver technology that powers the growth of our core businesses, by providing the right products to the right people at the right price at the right time. It includes how we create product offerings out of SKUs, sellable inventory, and membership rules, at a dynamically optimized price. Growth Tech covers the the entire journey of a member, from their first interaction with our website or a salesperson, all the way through providing the right account visibility and flexibility so they stay a member for life and grow with us.
- Design and develop new scalable and versatile services and APIs from scratch.
- Decompose services from an existing monolith where necessary and design, develop and maintain them in production.
- Use an Agile and DevOps mindset in building and maintaining software.
- Partner with product, design and other engineering teams to solve user problems using a pragmatic approach.
- Actively participate in creating a team culture that you would want to invite your friends to work in.
- Contribute to hiring and building the engineering team.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience.
- Proficient in Java
- Proficient in using one the popular RDBMS like Postgres or MySQL.
- Worked on a production system based on microservices and familiar with its principles and practices.
- Have excellent communication skills, are a self starter and be resourceful.
Nice to have
- Experience with designing and developing software based on a microservices architecture.
- Familiarity with popular tools and frameworks like Docker, Kubernetes, gRPC, Prometheus, OpenTracing, Fluentd, gRPC, Envoy, Jaeger, Notary, Vitess, NATS, ...
- Experience using design patterns such as - Domain driven design, event sourcing, CQRS, data streaming, log aggregation, distributed tracing, audit logging, etc.
- Experience working with AWS, GCP or other cloud service providers.
- Experience with asynchronous messaging for inter-service communication using tools like Kafka, RabbitMQ, NATS, ...
Back to top