Social Media Manager - WeGrow/WeLive
About the Role
The We Company is seeking a passionate, motivated, and experienced social media manager to oversee and execute the content strategy and creation for its WeGrow (education/lifelong learning) and WeLive (Rise by We, health and wellness, lifestyle) brands. The position will be responsible for those brands' respective social media channels, ensuring cohesive storylines and high levels of engagement throughout each. A successful candidate will be someone who lives and breathes social media both professionally and personally, and who is always open to learning and growing-a true student of life.
The role requires setting priorities and key narratives for the WeGrow and WeLive brands; strategizing with other teams both internally and externally; and overseeing ongoing and on-brand content calendars. The right candidate will work with the social team's influencer, video, analytics, graphics, and content teams to expertly balance the demands and interests of multiple projects, partners, and stakeholders, and maintain stellar relationships.
The ideal candidate is a storyteller at heart, up to speed with the latest digital technologies and social media trends, and comfortable teaching and presenting them to stakeholders across multiple departments. This person will bring an entrepreneurial approach to the role as a natural self-starter, as well as experience and comfort with managing and navigating personalities and team dynamics.
The role demands creativity, energy, a positive attitude combined with diligence and vigilance, and a good deal of senior stakeholder engagement. The successful candidate must have excellent writing, communication, and relationship management skills; sound judgment; and a passion for the ever-evolving world of social media.
- Strategy: Create and implement social media strategy across all WeGrow and WeLive social channels, ensuring both brands align with broader We Company priorities, business goals, voice, and brand. Platforms may include but are not limited to Instagram (and Stories), Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Content management: This role will own the content calendar for both WeGrow and WeLive and manage timelines and priorities accordingly.
- Stakeholder engagement: Manage a cross-functional team of senior stakeholders across business units, to ensure alignment on strategies, tactics and outcomes
- Content ideation and creation: Source and create compelling content through producing photo and video shoots, capturing content yourself, and identifying on-brand UGC. Strong experience developing social media assets (both photography and video) is ideal.
- Analyze: Interpret social media insights using social listening tools, analytics platforms, and SEO to guide campaigns, maximize engagement, and make data-backed recommendations as we iterate content.
- Collaboration across multiple teams: Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to understand how their goals are best represented and amplified by our social channels, and strategize/create posts for those teams while maintaining brand consistency and narrative.
- Monitoring and engagement: The right candidate will actively engage with the WeGrow and WeLive brands on social media, combing their respective hashtags, listening for questions or concerns, and serving as the first touchpoint that many people have with the We Company as a whole.
- 5-7 years of social media experience managing multiple products, ideally within a complex, fast-paced corporate environment operating on a global scale
- Ability to operate at two altitudes: both a higher-level strategic plane, and also more granularly in the details and execution of projects
- A people person skilled at building and nurturing relationships
- Proactive, driven, detail-oriented, intuitive and creative individual with strong organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously
- Sound judgment and a keen instinct about what's on-brand
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, English, Education, or related field
- Willing and able to work in our New York HQ full time
- Video and/or photo editing skills are a plus
- Fluency with social analytics, social advertising (e.g. Facebook Ads) and SEO is a plus
Back to top