Social Media Manager
About the Role
WeWork is looking for passionate and motivated Social Media Manager to join our Brand Marketing team. This person will work in our HQ to assist with community management and support audience engagement across WeWork’s U.S. social media channels.
Candidates must have excellent writing and communication skills and a strong interest in startups, small businesses, and technology.
- Strategize to create compelling content (written, photo, and video) for WeWork’s U.S. social media channels, including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Instagram Stories, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, and Google+.
- Help execute strategic social media content and campaigns for new locations, events, and brand partnerships.
- Help monitor, track, and analyze the performance of social media posts and channels and make recommendations accordingly.
- Attend a variety of events (both during and after traditional work hours) to capture and/or create social media content.
- Liaise with internal teams, including in-house designers and photographers, to produce creative assets.
- Collaborate on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, English, or related field
- 3–5 years of digital marketing/social media experience
- Proactive, driven, and creative individual with strong organizational skills
- Familiarity with using all major social media platforms
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology
- Have an eye for design and photography, including keen instinct about what’s on-brand
- Must have experience creating content for social media
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Experience with contests, polls, special promotions, and social media marketing is a plus
- Published writing examples
- Photography and video editing skills
- Photoshop and/or InDesign skills
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top