Senior Technical Product Manager
The We Company started as a platform for creators in providing members space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life's work. The We Company is striving to help people achieve their purpose and connect with others. WeWork, a business line of We Company, has grown to over 400,000 members in 26 countries and is continuing to grow exponentially.
Our dedication to technological innovation has enabled us to grow to more than 400 workspace locations as well as support the other business lines including WeLive (living space), WeGrow (education), Rise by We (wellness) and Powered by We (enterprise). Every day, we see and feel the impact we can have on employees' and members' lives.
Developer Platform - Data Platform
WeWork is one of the few companies that has a real application for Internet of Things technology. Our buildings and offices benefit from having sensors and devices to improve the user experience. Imagine a world where you can go into any WeWork property, tap your badge, and watch your desk automatically conform to you: the desk height can raise to match your height, the computer monitor can adjust to the angle of your sightline, and even your preferred operating system will load up on the monitor in front of you. All of this will need to be powered by a robust data platform that can process and analyze data at immense scale.
The Data Platform team's mission is to envision, build, and deploy the next generation platform for data ingestion, processing, storage, scheduling, and analysis to provide leverage for all of the business lines within The We Company. As a Senior Product Manager on the Data Platform team, you will drive the vision and strategy for building out this platform.
- Establish the product vision and strategy for one of the teams within Data Platform, as well as the goals to measure success
- Partner with engineering in planning, execution and management of resources, roadmap and releases
- Understand the needs of internal users (engineers, data scientists, data analysts, finance, and business teams), as well as understand the key needs of missions that depend on data, e.g. spatial intelligence, real estate purchasing/leasing analytics, and more
- Anticipate use cases in order to build a scalable platform with built-in-future-proofing to handle massive amounts of data
- Develop product roadmaps that build alignment across product teams and deliver value to our users
- Manage expectations with stakeholders and executives
- Drive adoption of the data platform around the company
- Collaborate together with external companies and partners in the open-source community
- Foster a culture of data informed decision making
- 7+ years of product experience (experience in data platform or machine learning preferred)
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, while building extensible and scalable solutions
- Familiarity with Big Data infrastructure technologies (such as Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Druid, Kafka and Flink), relational databases and data products generally
- Technical and able to garner respect from engineers
- Strong organizational, analytical & problem-solving skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively simplify and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- Proven experience launching successful products and features related to data infrastructure
- Strong understanding of microservice-based technical architecture for highly scalable web and mobile applications
- Experience with AWS data products such as EMR, S3 and EC2
Back to top