Senior Manager, Shared Services - Latin America
About the role:
This leadership role will be based in our NYC HQ and responsible for owning all transactional activities for the Shared Services Team in Latin America. This position will directly manage Billing and Collections, the Corporate Card Program for both Procurement and Travel, Billing, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable in this region.
The Senior Manager will need to influence the centralization of these teams by building relationships with key stakeholders and executing a rapid and comprehensive expansion plan. They will also be responsible for owning Workday, our financial system, for these functions and maintaining control and compliance through proactive management of these activities.
Fluency is Spanish and English is a requirement for this role and Portuguese is a plus.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Direct line management of a small team, and oversight of outsourced support staff within the regions
- Building a larger team, to support our expansion across LatAm, through hiring, coaching and developing staff, using achievable actions plans
- Direct interface with our member community through the billing process
- Managing all key control and compliance activities for Shared Services
- Establishing and fine tuning polices and best practice processes to ensure the financial integrity of Shared Services across LatAm. Understanding all key controls for these activities and building a team to support control and compliance for financial transaction management
- Being the Accounting and Finance expert for all Shared Services in this region
- Staff performance will be measured through a robust talent development plan that will include monthly, quarterly, and annual performance appraisals that are actionable and can be monitored
- Operational performance will be measured through the use of metrics and key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- Data analytics will also be need to be enhanced as a toll to monitor operational efficiencies
- Degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- 5+ years of management experience in a Financial Services, Financial Operations or Accounting role
- Experience working directly with customers in a hands on way
- Proven experience of growing a team and / or processes across regions
- Natural leader who is able to make informed and quick decisions within an environment that is constantly evolving
- Ability to effectively interact with Accounting and Senior Executives
- Exceptional influencing and problem solving skills
- Flexible working in a fast paced environment, and ability to travel if required
- Fluency in English and Spanish. Portuguese a plus.
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top