Senior Manager, Public Affairs - 1 year contract
The We Company's mission is to elevate the world's consciousness. Our global platform reimagines and positively impacts how we work, live and grow through three distinct business lines: WeWork's mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living; WeLive's mission is to build a world where no one feels alone; WeGrow's mission is to unleash every human's superpowers. Through design, technology, and hospitality we are creating a community that helps people live life with purpose and have a meaningful impact in the world. The We Company began 2019 with more than 466,000 members. In less than ten years, we've built a global network of 485 locations across 105 cities and nearly 30 countries, and we're just getting started.
About the Role:
WeWork is currently seeking a Senior Manager, Public Affairs, Canada (1 year maternity leave contract) that will oversee Montreal, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver.
The Public Affairs Senior Manager will be based in Toronto and will report to the Head of U.S., Canada, & Israel Public Affairs, who is based in New York City. This person will support a portfolio of WeWork's day-to-day public affairs efforts in the country and future expansions. Strong candidates will have a sophisticated understanding of media relations, communications, public policy, campaigns, and will have demonstrable experience managing partnerships and executing thought leadership and campaigns and events. A smart storyteller / change-maker who is mission-driven and has a mind for growth.
- Deepen WeWork's brand and product awareness in markets through local earned media and multi-channel cross-functional campaigns.
- Strengthen WeWork's brand and create social impact through civic partnerships and events.
- Establish WeWork as an influential civic stakeholder and protect business interests through government and influencer relations.
- Work with the Head of U.S., Canada, & Israel Public Affairs to oversee and execute the day to day media and agency relationships across their respective region.
- Work with the Head of U.S., Canada, & Israel Public Affairs to execute and promote scalable brand awareness, community engagement, and thought leadership partnerships and events across their region.
- Work with the leaders in the Public Affairs team to execute playbooks for new markets and buildings across the region.
- Manage an editorial calendar across multiple cities.
- Execute global campaigns at the local level to promote scalable brand awareness, community engagement, and thought leadership
- Amplify corporate narratives to regional stakeholders and press.
- Work with WeWork's brand, marketing, and social teams to create content and brand collateral for local integrated media campaigns.
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- 6-8 years of public relations, public affairs, or communications experience preferably in fast-paced, high-growth environments.
- Extensive relationships with key media, civic, non-profit, and business leaders
- Be a strong self-starter who is eager to make their mark in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization
- Experience working across various regions and/or territories
- Excellent organization, communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Experience working across multiple levels, teams, and regions
- Experience with a wide range of communication channels including digital, broadcast, radio, and print
- Must be capable of managing multiple issues and projects at once. Prioritization is key to success
- Bilingual (verbal and written) in English and French is desirable but not required
- A passion for storytelling and intellectual interest in the future of work, cities, economic development, and entrepreneurship
- Ability to travel to both existing and new locations in the region
Back to top