Senior Manager of Income Tax Accounting
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Income Tax Accounting to assist with the Company's U.S. financial reporting. The Senior Manager will have strong knowledge and experience in corporate and partnership tax accounting rules as well as general knowledge of accounting and financial reporting rules. Responsibilities include preparing, reviewing and managing the quarterly and annual income tax provision; assisting with technical tax accounting issues; assisting with acquisition integration of tax processes; managing advisors on income tax reporting and tax compliance matters. This position will report to the Director of Tax Accounting. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the preparation of the quarterly and annual global tax provision, including the tax-related financial statement disclosures and SOX documentation.
- Calculate the effective tax rate.
- Identify and document book-to-tax differences, reconcile tax filings to tax provisions, maintain tax basis balance sheets, and test deferred tax balances.
- Assist with the reconciliation of all tax accounts and rollforwards.
- Update and maintain documentation in support of various tax attributes including earnings and profits, foreign taxes paid, tax loss carryforwards, valuation allowances, and tax credits.
- Assist with the identification and documentation of global uncertain tax position and FAS 5 reserves.
- Supervise and develop team members
- Oversee compliance with all intercompany agreement requirements, calculations, and payments.
- Incorporate tax accounting for mergers and acquisitions into financial reporting.
- Strong working knowledge of OneSource Tax Provision software along with Microsoft Excel proficiency.
- Assist with the research and resolution of tax technical and tax accounting issues and draft relevant memos.
- Manage relationship with third party auditors and tax advisers.
- Assist with the preparation and review of all tax related journal entries.
- Assist with the consideration of tax accounting implications of company initiatives.
- Identify changes in tax laws and regulations and their application to our company.
- Manage projects, workflows, timelines and deadlines.
- 7+ years of tax experience, preferably a mix of Big 4 public accounting and U.S. multinational company
- Experience with OneSource Tax Provision software and Microsoft Excel
- Strong knowledge of ASC 740, FIN 48, and FAS 5
- Strong knowledge of accounting concepts under U.S. GAAP
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written
- Strong tax technical and data analytical skills
- Strong process management and documentation skills and the ability to complete multiple assignments in a timely manner
- Ability to respond to inquiries from management, internal customers, and external auditors
Back to top