Senior Manager, Internal Communications
About the Role
WeWork is currently seeking a Senior Manager for Internal communications. This full-time position will be based in New York, NY and will report to the Senior Director, Corporate Communications.
The position will offer the right candidate a unique opportunity to join one of the world's foremost late-stage growth companies and to help build an integral part of the public affairs function from the ground up.
The successful candidate will be responsible for connecting WeWork’s employees around the world directly to the mission of the company.
This is a “full stack” role...WeWork has not had a dedicated internal communications position so the role is there for you to define. With that in mind, we are looking for someone that has a combination of great storytelling and creative abilities, a willingness to explore and experiment with internal communications techniques and platforms as well as an accomplished project manager with a track record of delivering successful communications outcomes.
In addition, the successful candidate will also be an integral member of the wider communications efforts. You will be expected to contribute to other initiatives, events and activities including senior level advice and counsel, speech writing, crisis and issues communications, strategic planning and message development.
Finally, we’re looking for a good cultural fit as well...this is a fast paced environment, we’ll need you to iterate, be flexible in your approach to work, be able to meet tight deadlines all with good grace and humor. It’s going to be hard work but it will make a fantastic and rewarding challenge for the right person.
- Between 5 and 10 years of communications experience - internal, external, in house or agency, journalism or elsewhere...the more meaningful experience the better.
- Experience working across various regions and/or territories is ideal but not essential.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver strategic communications plans - successful candidate should be able to demonstrate successful outcomes from communications activities where they have conceptualized, developed and executed a communications plan.
- Genuine communications savvy - you must have strong copy-writing and editing skills; as well as strong digital content generation skills.
- Superior presentation skills - clear, concise thinking and sufficient gravitas to deliver meaningful advice to senior leaders on communications strategy in a timely fashion
- Strong project management skills - have to be able to organize work in a methodical and rigorous manner but equally comfortable in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Impact player - you must be a strong self-starter who is willing to make their mark in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization
- Team player - this is a flat and lean team, we’re looking for a willingness to jump in as needed on projects outside your scope
- Willing / able to travel to both existing and new locations around the world. Expected travel no more than 15% of your time.
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top