Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Recommendations Services
The Member Experience product area in WeWork China delivers experiences that create intelligent spaces and connected, consciously-engineered communities to make people happier and more productive at work.
As a Machine Learning Engineer you will help build intelligent systems that provide personal, location and context-aware recommendations to foster a sense of community in our digital and physical spaces, enable increased productivity for our members and evolve the ways in which members connect within the community. A recent TechCrunch article highlights some of the team's work - https://techcrunch.com/2019/02/12/wework-adds-features-to-professionalize-its-member-profiles
Having a strong software engineering skill set is critical to this role. You will build scalable infrastructure and deploy solutions in a production environment. Your final output will be working software components and your "audience" for this output will often consist of other software components that run autonomously with minimal human supervision.
- Partner with Product, Design and Data teams to drive feature development end-to-end.
- Design, develop and deploy components of our ML products and platforms for feature engineering in production environments.
- Develop platforms and microservices for machine learning, optimization and experimentation.
- Actively contribute to sprint planning and product roadmaps.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience.
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Fluency in one or more backend languages (Java, Go lang), with experience in Python or Scala a plus.
- Experience in building scalable ML platforms and services with high availability and low latency.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, evolving, growing and dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated personal initiative and strong ownership of deliverables.
- Ability to explore new ideas and have a passion to make them happen.
Advanced degree (Ph.D. or M.S.) in computer science, mathematics, statistics, operations research or other quantitative disciplines.
About WeWork Technology
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical and digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members and employees. We build software and hardware that enables our members to connect with each other and the space around them like never before. We believe there's a macro shift toward a new way of working-one focused on a movement towards meaning and purpose. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 400+ buildings in 25+ countries and will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.
We are a team of passionate, fearless and collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To learn more about WeWork. Stay connected with us via @WeWork微招聘 | @LinkedIn | @WeWork Culture
Back to top