Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Applied Science
About the Team
Applied Science at WeWork covers from studying how technology impacts workplace habits to using sensors to monitor how meeting rooms are utilized, researchers and engineers at WeWork are uniquely positioned to explore problems at the intersection of the digital and physical environment. Our teams are based primarily in Palo Alto, San Francisco, New York and Shanghai, and come from a diverse range of backgrounds, including data science, architecture, psychology, and computer science. We conduct both fundamental and applied research that impacts the environments in which people spend most of their working week.
Learn more about what we're doing athttps://research.wework.com/
About the Role
We are looking for experienced and passionate Machine Learning Engineer that thrive in small, focused and highly collaborative teams. You will be working closely with the Product, Design and engineering teams to not only develop, but also help define and execute on projects. Strong communication skills and a desire to be involved in all aspects of the project life-cycle are a must.You should be comfortable with a high degree of uncertainty, and be able to find the intersection between academic research and commercially available solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Apply machine learning techniques to understand a large amount of unstructured data with complex schemas.
- Build deployable ML approaches and scalable ML platform that can support real time applications, impacting large amount of members at WeWork.
- Collaborate with our team members to work in many innovative workspace applications, such as forecasting, NLP, sensors, IoT, etc.
- An ideal candidate is expected to possess a solid background in machine learning and skills on building product systems.
- B.S. / M.S. / Ph.D in the field of machine learning, algorithm or system.
- Familiar with general machine learning tasks and techniques, such as ranking and recommendation systems.
- Experience on dealing with large-scale unstructured data. Hands-on experience on developing and training machine learning models.
- Strong experience in C++/Python/Java and common machine learning packages (e.g., Tensorflow, Caffe, PyTorch).
- Self-motivated. Desire to pursuit very high-quality work.
About WeWork Technology
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical and digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members and employees. We build software and hardware that enables our members to connect with each other and the space around them like never before. We believe there's a macro shift toward a new way of working-one focused on a movement towards meaning and purpose. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 400+ buildings in 25+ countries and will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.
We are a team of passionate, fearless and collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
Back to top