Senior Interior Designer
About the Role
WeWork seeks a designer with at least 6 years of experience for our interior design studio. Designer will aid in the creation of vibrant co-working environments, collaborative spaces, and special projects ranging from 5,000 - 100,000sf worldwide. Rapid project schedule requires organization, tenacity, and ability to work with others. Periodic travel may be required.
- Define and maintain an on-brand project aesthetic appropriate to the market, neighborhood, and internal design ethos
- Develop layouts and finish packages to insure project approach follows WW brand standards and best practices
- Develop concept/mood strategies and successfully implement them from concept phase through project execution
- Identify, select and specify products and vendors that meet brand standards
- Work closely with internal team to manage FF&E supply chain (lead times, budgets, quantities and finishes)
- Develop pre-construction/bidding documentation that clearly conveys design intent and documents product and vendor selections
- Coordinate staging and closeout to insure design intent is executed, maintained and communicated to Logistics Lead and Expansion Lead
- Clearly and concisely communicate with both internal team members and consultants throughout project duration regarding design concept, design execution and follow through
- Design development and technical work with minimal guidance
- Gather inspiration from multiple sources, generating mood packages and translating mood into successfully designed and executed spaces.
- Bachelor's / Master's Degree in Interior Design, Architecture or related field
- 6+ years of experience in High End Hospitality, Residential, Commercial or Retail Interior Design
- Strong understanding of FF&E and space planning
- Ability to incorporate metrics (area, pricing, schedule, etc) into design process
- Proficient in the following programs: MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, SKETCHUP, AutoCAD, Rhino and Revit
- Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented
- Self-directed with a high level of initiative and a ‘can do’ attitude
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top