Senior Full-stack Software Engineer - SaaS
About the Role
We are looking for experienced and passionate full stack software engineers that thrive in small, focused and highly collaborative teams. You will be working closely with the Product, Design and engineering teams to not only develop, but also help define and execute on projects. Your primary role will be to build web-based applications that empower spaces. Strong communication skills and a desire to be involved in all aspects of the project life-cycle are a must. Strong problem solving skills, thinking outside the box and dealing with ambiguity are skills that we value. We love working with great creative minds, people that can think outside of the box and people that are ready to make a difference at our company. This position comes with a lot of responsibility and ownership — the right person will be expected to deliver at a high pace, with high reward.
- Contribute to an agile team that solves complex challenges and builds quality software.
- Design and maintain high-performance data management and storage systems.
- Build high-performance, scalable APIs that power many clients as web dashboards and mobile apps.
- Architect complex applications into independent microservices.
- Create test cases, unit tests and automation scripts.
- Playing an important role in improving the team’s technical depth and efficiency.
- 4+ years of experience in professional software development.
- 3+ years of experience in PHP development.
- A strong technical background with intuitive design sense and expert knowledge in PHP 7, Laravel 5, SQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, AWS, WebSockets, Git and other web/server technologies.
- Experience with modern browser technologies, including WebSockets, Local Storage, Worker Threads, etc.
- Experience shipping web apps and APIs that people love and use.
- Experience in designing clean, maintainable, and consumable RESTful APIs.
- Experience in Agile development cycle
- Unit and acceptance testing experience.
- A love for speed. Milliseconds means everything.
- A strong attention to detail, usability, security, and reliability.
- Excellent communication and organization skills with natural ability to articulate and defend design decisions.
- Comfort in owning implementation of a feature across the entire stack.
- A strong vision for modern business and enterprise products.
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top