Senior Fullstack Engineer
We are building software for physical space that uses data and technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster and smarter, and ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings. Our state of the art technologies and dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 210 in just over eight years.
The mission of Real Estate & Development is to enable our teams across real estate, architecture, design, construction, and project management with the most up to date technology. Our technology allows for a better ability to source new deals, close those deals, design and build more efficiently, and manage the construction process end to end. We're supporting the core business here in RedTech and would love to have you on the team!
Are you someone with a strong creative streak? Do you enjoy fast paced exciting environments? Are you looking to contribute to making a real impact across many different communities and cultures around the world with the work that you're doing? If so, then we may have the opportunity for you.
In this role you will -
- Build scalable, performant, reusable & testable components
- Research new technology, build prototypes, and write clean, maintainable code
- Work closely with product owner and product designer to review requirements & designs and break down work
- Support and solve issues (process & system), identify root cause, and actively implement balanced corrective actions
- Work with team to influence technology direction.
- Use full stack with consumer grade UX/UI solutions and practices to engage and delight our internal platform users.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services/mobile development
- Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Understanding of performance tradeoffs, load balancing, and operational issues
- Able to drive sprints / multiple sprints given strategic direction
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Deep understanding of Cloud technologies (K8s, ECS, CloudFormation, IAM, etc. a plus)
- Experience with Docker (nice to have)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field is required (MS is a plus).
- Minimum 5+ years of experience building highly available critical systems.
- Deep understanding of CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms and programming languages)
- At least two years worth of experience in most of the following areas:
- Service oriented architecture, web services, and web application/services development
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA/OOD) and Design Patterns
- Messaging and asynchronous architectures,building RESTful APIs and micro-services
- Developing distributed/scalable solutions, in multi-threaded, high-volume transaction systems
- Performance tradeoffs, load balancing, and operational issues (latency and availability)
- Java, PHP, Kotlin, REST, Ruby, Spring, SQL, ReactJS or similar web frameworks
Back to top