Senior Full Stack Engineer - RedTech
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data and technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster and smarter, and ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings. Our state of the art technologies and dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 210 in just over eight years.
The mission of Real Estate & Development is to enable our teams across real estate, architecture, design, construction, and project management with the most up to date technology. The Build - Manage Materials squad develops and supports systems and processes that make designing and outfitting new WeWork opening spaces with FF&E materials as efficient and frictionless as possible. We are growing and looking for a proven leader and talented hands-on Senior Fullstack Engineer to help build our product vision of an E-shopping platform and experience for Interior Designers.
We own and will build a greenfield, new platform to support Materials Management, and complement pre-existing Inventory Product Lifecycle Management and Budget Forecasting initiatives. In this role, you will be a leader in the engineering group of multi-faceted and talented full stack/backend / and frontend engineers, and own design and architecture for our primary application. We are looking to re-invent the design experience by optimization across disparate systems, and using data to build an intelligent, self learning platform to build the world-class advanced predictive recommendations engine
- Design and architect our advanced, centralized E-Shopping Experience for Interior Designers (which will be consumed company-wide across multiple end users)
- Be responsible for evaluating, designing and implementing Machine Learning and linear programming functions to optimize Interior Designer workflows and visualizations, and facilitate Budget Forecasting, Capacity Planning, Production Planning and other Supply chain functions by centralizing communications.
- Use full stack with consumer grade UX/UI solutions and practices to engage and delight our internal platform users.
- Be a tech leader in a team of 4+ engineers, and mentoring this rapidly expanding group.
- Own the entire stack of our Manage Materials, including a web layer being developed in React, and a service layer being developed in Java and Spring, and a backend including AWD RDS, Redshift and potentially Big Data technologies.
- Have a chance to influence the entire software organization through design reviews,
Come join the Engineering team that helps WeWork innovate around the Interior Design experience, and work with the best and the brightest!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field is required (MS is a plus).
- Deep understanding of CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms and programming languages)
- At least two years worth of experience in most of the following areas:
- Service oriented architecture, web services, and web application/services development
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA/OOD) and Design Patterns
- Messaging and asynchronous architectures, building RESTful APIs and micro-services
- Developing distributed/scalable solutions, in multi-threaded, high-volume transaction systems
- Performance tradeoffs, load balancing, and operational issues (latency and availability)
- Java, Kotlin, REST, Ruby, Spring, SQL, ReactJS or similar web frameworks
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services/mobile development
- Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Understanding of performance tradeoffs, load balancing, and operational issues
- Experience building Linear Programming solutions and Machine learning applications highly desired
- Able to drive sprints / multiple sprints given strategic direction
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Deep understanding of Amazon Web Services including ECS, CloudFormation, IAM, etc. a plus
- Experience with Docker (nice to have)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of WeWork's Employees
Amanda T.Senior Community Manager
Amanda oversees four WeWork locations in New York City. It's her job to ensure the Community Managers in those buildings are fully supported, creating building strategies, and innovating on member experience.
Back to top