Senior Data Scientist
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
We are seeking a Senior Data Scientist to join our People Analytics Team. The People Analytics team's mission is to use data to help make smart People decisions and make WeWork the best place to work. Data underlies decisions related to hiring, promotions, compensation, engagement, development, careers, attrition, benefits, diversity, and the culture at the heart of WeWork.
In this role, you will lead all the processes from data collection, cleaning, and preprocessing, to training models and deploying them to production.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about machine learning algorithms, artificial intelligence and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field.
- Work collaboratively with product, engineering, and business leaders to find opportunities to improve and enhance our technology products, and processes.
- Perform data gathering, and requirements gathering & analysis.
- Research prior work to inform and develop rational hypotheses, and quantify appropriate optimization metrics & targets.
- Work with large and complex data sets. Solve difficult data analysis problems by applying advanced analytics methods as needed.
- Develop prototype data analysis/machine learning pipelines iteratively as needed to generate actionable insights.
- Refactor data analysis/machine learning pipelines to support scalable, production deployment.
- Deliver compelling data-driven solutions that provide users with key insights when they need it, and where they need it.
- Communicate findings to technical collaborators, and business stakeholders through storytelling.
- Serve as a go-to expert in a data-related sub-domain and provide actionable feedback as part of data science experiment peer reviews.
- Drive hands-on execution of data science model development.
- Lead collaborative efforts across different functional and product teams.
- Actively reinforce technical strategy and culture
- Ph.D. degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. computer science, engineering, physics, bioinformatics, statistics, mathematics, etc.).
- Experience in one or more of the following: Machine Learning libraries (i.e. Tensorflow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn) Natural Language Understanding, Data Mining, & Artificial Intelligence
- Experience training machine learning models in a cloud computing environment such as: Amazon EC2, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Strong programming experience in SQL and one or more of the following languages: C/C++, C#, Java, Python, R, SAS, MATLAB, Pandas
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate with business stakeholders to understand requirements, and present findings and recommendations that demonstrate values
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
WeWork is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top