Senior Data Engineer - Modeling
At WeWork, data sits in the center of our business, providing insights into the effectiveness of our physical and digital product & features. We believe data brings everything together and it is the only way we make decisions.
Data Engineering is a team constantly striving to create an amazing experience for our customers and internal teams. We regard culture and trust highly and believe you will have positive influence in your own way as a data engineer.
We're looking for a Senior Data Engineer with extensive experience designing, implementing data solutions for various business challenges, and leading database and data warehousing initiatives.
- You're excited to solve data challenges that combines digital and physical aspects, across multiple business verticals like Sales & Marketing, Social Media
- You're motivated to enable and collaboration with engineering, analytics and product teams to tackle the most challenging business needs
As a Data Engineer at WeWork, you will be a part of an early stage team and work with passionate leaders on highly impactful business challenges.
- Leverage data expertise to help evolve data models in various components of the data stack
- Work on architecting, building, and launching highly scalable and reliable data pipelines to support WeWork's exponential data growth
- Collaborate closely with analysts and data scientists, as well as cross-functional teams, to leverage huge amounts of WeWork data, for data-driven business and user behavior insights
- Consistently evolve data model & data schema based on business and engineering needs
- Implement systems tracking data quality and consistency
- Develop tools supporting self-service data pipeline management (ETL)
- Strong communication skills, empathy and initiative
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering
- Strong background in data warehouse concept and design
- Proficient in at least one of the SQL languages (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SqlServer, Oracle)
- Good understanding of SQL Engine and able to conduct advanced performance tuning
- Familiar with at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash)
- Experience with Git and the pull request workflow
- Experience working closely with Analytics/Data Science teams
- Experience with modern BI tools (Looker, Tableau, etc)
Nice to have
- Experience leading / managing full project lifecycles
- Experience with Salesforce and related tools
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of WeWork's Employees
Amanda T.Senior Community Manager
Amanda oversees four WeWork locations in New York City. It's her job to ensure the Community Managers in those buildings are fully supported, creating building strategies, and innovating on member experience.
Back to top